Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Opinons

sliepper
September 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
I need to get some advice about a situation. I own 3 cats, 1 dog at this time. A few weeks ago I owned another dog. She was an American Eskimo. I put her up for adoption because my older dog did not get along with her. On occasion he would attack her and he did injured her. I spoke to several people before I finally decided on a woman who lives about 2 1/2 hours from my home. I thought she would work well with this dog because she onced owned an American Eskimo. After about a week I called to check on how things were going and she said that the dog was not eating and would not leave the crate. She was hand feeding the dog which would then be followed by the dog vomitting. I offered to go and pick her up but I havent heard back yet. I wanted to give her time but should I go there or wait to see if this dog will adjust?

badger
September 21st, 2007, 02:07 PM
I would be extremely worried. You need to go there in person, unannounced, and find out what conditions the dog is living in. Make it as casual as you can - oh, I was in the neighbourhood visiting my aunt and thought I'd drop by...
Did you have any kind of contract saying if things didn't work out, the dog could (only) be returned to you? Did she pay for the dog? If there is no contract, I don't know what you can do, short of buying the dog back if things aren't going well (apart from the usual adjustment issues). Talk to your friends who recommended the woman, maybe they could advise you.
I hope things have improved by now :fingerscr