Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another failed foster mom

Love4himies
September 21st, 2007, 08:56 AM
Well looks like I may join the ranks of other failed foster moms you know who you are, hazel, want4rain. I am taking my foster momma into the vet today to have blood work done to ensure she is healthy and can be introduced to my cats. Only other test is that she will get along with my cats. She must be a willing playmate with my male cat, Jasper, and must be able to leave my female cat alone. She is a cranky female that doesn't like to share her air space or chairs with any other kitty or person, also known as HRH Princess Puddles. If a cat leaves her alone, she will do the same.

Thought if I kept saying to myself that she isn't mine, she isn't mine that I wouldn't become attached :yell: but it didn't work! Why did she turn out to be such a GREAT cat??? She is so easy to get along with, doesn't jump up on furniture, loveable, and beautiful :cloud9: and uses the cat stand to claw and not furniture. Hope she likes to play with Jasper :D!

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2007, 09:05 AM
:o maybe we should start a club! :o

Hey, congratulations on your new addition! :D Cuz you know she'll pass every test with flying colors. :thumbs up (and if she doesn't you'll find a way to work around it! :o)

She sounds like a great cat! :highfive: She's very lucky to have found you! :angel:

Love4himies
September 21st, 2007, 10:28 AM
:o maybe we should start a club! :o

Hey, congratulations on your new addition! :D Cuz you know she'll pass every test with flying colors. :thumbs up (and if she doesn't you'll find a way to work around it! :o)

She sounds like a great cat! :highfive: She's very lucky to have found you! :angel:

Thanks Hazel! One test I will not back down with though, is she must not be aggressive to my cats. I don't think she will, she is much too calm.

I always believe animals come in and out of our lives for a reason. Though I didn't why understand why Misty, my stray cat that I was feeding and became very attached to, got hit by a car on that very "out of the norm" morning, but now I think it was because Sweet Pea, my foster momma cat, was to come into my life. I think she will be a better fit than Misty with my senior cat, HRH Puddles. I do not have a problem letting the kittens go though, very strange, one would think it would be the opposite.

Should I foster again or do I have the personality that does not allow fosters to leave.

Jim Hall
September 21st, 2007, 11:20 AM
i used to foster dogs and i shed a tear over all of em that left.
but I was also happy that i was able to share the joy of a wonderfull
creature with a family that would love him/ her as much as i did .

So try it again if you would It ain't easy, but nothing rewarding is

want4rain
September 21st, 2007, 11:34 AM
i think you are totally right about it being for a reason. (uh huh... welcome to the club!! maybe we all should put 'FFM' in our signature somewhere??)

im not a religious person by a long shot but im pretty aware we all are made of mass, which is just vibrating energy... and that has to have some influence on the world around us. if Frances' energy was attracted to our energy for some reason... what sort of harmony is it to repel her out to someone elses energy??

i like her energy just where it is.

-ashley

Love4himies
September 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM
I am not religous either, want4rain, but I do believe if it is meant to be then it will happen.

While we were at the vet's today waiting for the vet, Sweet Pea did her investigation of the room, she jumped on my lap and settled down, I knew she choose me and I was hers :D. The director of the Gan Humane Society was present (Sweet Pea does belong to them right now) and I could tell from her face, that she knew Sweet Pea was not leaving my house.

Sweet Pea has passed all her blood work, so now it is the meeting of HRH Princess Puddles that is the test. The vet recommended that I hold off that meeting until Sweet Pea's kittens are out of the house so Sweet Pea does not take Puddle's hisses as a threat to her kittens. Sweet Pea may be very protective right now. Sweet Pea and my Jasper have already met nose to nose and no hisses, so that won't be a problem.

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Congratulations from me too :highfive: ....and don't forget to post pics. :D

krdahmer
October 1st, 2007, 12:01 PM
Aw thats so sweet that you are keeping her!! And I so know how hard it is not to.... I'd have 20+ by now if hubby didn't keep me grounded! :rolleyes::lovestruck:

Congrats to you and SweetPea on her new home!!:highfive:

Love4himies
October 1st, 2007, 12:16 PM
Well Sweet Pea met the "cranky one" this weekend. My Puddles hissed at Sweet Pea when Sweet Pea was about a foot away from her, Sweet Pea just looked at Puddles and said "Don't have time for you, lady, I have exploring to do and I need to get it done before my kittens start calling me" Sweet Pea and Jasper are often together, he loves having her around, but I think he prefers the kittens, they will play with him.

chico2
October 1st, 2007, 04:17 PM
L4H,that sounds great,I am sure SweetPea will be very happy with you and the other kitties...I too think it was meant to be:cat:
My Chico is always kind of miserable with Vinnie,ever since he was found and brought to us.
But it's not a bad miserable,Chico will hiss,but it does not really bother Vinnie..Rocky on the other hand,loves Vinnie.

CyberKitten
October 1st, 2007, 06:56 PM
Congratulations!! I am sure it was meant to be!!! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
October 2nd, 2007, 01:55 AM
YAY for Sweet Pea!!!!!!!

Love4himies
October 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
My foster momma is getting spayed today, hooray! She has gone into heat already and her personality has changed, she seems very agitated and restless lately. Hopefully getting her spayed will revert her back to her quiet, lovable self.

Waiting for one of the kittens to reach 3 lbs so they can all get altered. She is so tiny with such delicate features.

JanM
October 24th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Congratulations on your new addition!

growler~GateKeeper
October 24th, 2007, 07:01 PM
:fingerscr:goodvibes: it was just hormones makin' her grrrr :D

Yay for the Spay :cat:

hazelrunpack
October 24th, 2007, 11:06 PM
How did the spay go, L4H? :fingerscr

Love4himies
October 26th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I picked up MY NEWEST ADDITION, yup, I signed the adoption papers last night last night.

I was so excited to see her, thinking she is going to jump up in her cage and be so happy to see me! I thought I was going to get purrs and I love you mommy.

But no, I got the "What the h$ll did you do to me?" glare, no "thank goodness you are here to rescue me" look, no "I can't wait to go home look", nothing. Good thing I came armed with a couple of her kittens, she softened up when I put one of her kittens up to her cage for her to sniff. She then thought she would greet me.

All was forgiven when we got home, she purred, rubbed herself against me and I got my cuddles:cloud9:.

Had to keep her segregated from her kittens last night, so I had a symphony starting at 4AM this morning, momma calling her kittens, and the kittens responding from the other bedroom.

growler~GateKeeper
October 27th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Had to keep her segregated from her kittens last night, so I had a symphony starting at 4AM this morning, momma calling her kittens, and the kittens responding from the other bedroom.

Did you get any video w/sound????? :D:D

I think Sweet Pea was waiting for you to make amends for taking her to the :eek: dr :D since you did then she was all cuddly w/you - wan't to make sure you won't be doing that again :laughing:

Congrats on the new addition :highfive:

rainbow
October 27th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Woo HOO .....Sweet Pea is officially yours. :cloud9: I think this calls for pics. :D

chico2
October 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM
SweetPea is such a lucky girl,no more heats,no more babies,could not be better news:cloud9:and pics needed of course:cat:

Love4himies
October 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I want to take pics, but I just don't have time with all the kitties in my house. Runt, one of the foster kittens got a gastro infection again so he is on meds and special food, Sweet Pea has decided now that she is a permanent fixture she is going to let Puddles and Jasper know who is boss of the house.

She no longer allows Jasper to play with her kittens and he LOVES the kittens to death, so he is always getting in trouble from her. Think it is her way of letting Jasper know she is mad at him because he was of no good service to her while she was in heat:laughing:

Puddles just tries to mind her own business but that doesn't keep Sweet Pea from giving her a hiss as she walks by just for good measure. She actually does the hiss on the move, yup, she's got it down to a science, hiss/spit as she walks by Puddles' chair, no eye contact, not a miss in her step, just a slight turn of her head towards Puddles' direction and a hiss/spit.

So between meds/feedings (kittens are fed 5 times a day)/litterboxes (twice per day)/work/Jasper & Puddles' walk I just don't have any time. (Sweet Pea is not allowed outside until next spring then she gets harness training)

Love4himies
October 30th, 2007, 01:43 PM
SweetPea is such a lucky girl,no more heats,no more babies,could not be better news:cloud9::cat:

You are right, I have never seen such a exhausted cat than for the 4 weeks after she had those kittens. Once they started eating on their own, she got a bit of a break. I felt so sorry for her to be stuck with the kittens 24/7, while my kitties were outside chasing chipmunks and birds having a carefree life.