Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ewwwwww!!!

Smiley14
September 21st, 2007, 02:56 AM
It's 3am and Billy woke me up howling up a storm. Went down into the kitchen to see what was up and there he is sitting on my KITCHEN COUNTER with a dead MOUSE in his mouth!!!! EEEWWWW!!!

I didn't know I had any mice in the house, so I'm calling the exterminator first thing in the morning, but GROSSSSSS, did he have to carry it onto my kitchen counters??!! :yuck: He's dropped it several times onto the counter then picked it up again and chomped into it some more. :sick: I'm trying to get up the nerve to take it away from him and dispose of it somehow...somewhere. *Shudder*

I feel kind of sorry for the mouse though, but I have to say, since it's in my KITCHEN, I'm glad he's dead. Gross, gross, gross!!! I can handle the basement, but not in my nice clean kitchen. :( I'll be scouring the house tomorrow now. :( LOL!

growler~GateKeeper
September 21st, 2007, 03:11 AM
:D Duffy :cat: feels the need to translate Billys' actions for you :D (just in case you missed the best intentions behind them :rolleyes:)

Here goes:
Look ma, see what I brought you! Nice tasty snack, you always feed me some yummy dinner so I wanted to return the favour. :D I called you to the kitchen for snack time but since you were a bit slow I decided to start first, hope that's okay with you - I'll be sure to save you some though :)

Now since Billy knew you wouldn't want to partake in the sharing of a snack off the floor he brought it to where you prepare the dinner - how kind & thoughtful :cool:

That's Duffy story & she's stickin' to it. She's also sorry she missed the mousie party, she loves mousemeat snacks :laughing:

Smiley14
September 21st, 2007, 03:26 AM
Oh, LOL! I needed the laugh, thank you!!!! I only left for a few minutes, but when I went back, they were both gone!!! Finally found Billy sitting downstairs, but no mouse anywhere! I've searching all over, but I can't find it! Not even a tail or anything! I'm so grossed out right now! :yuck: He wouldn't have eaten that whole thing in only a few minutes, would he?! I'm so paranoid there's a dead body stashed somewhere in the house now! :yell:

On a more positive note, I haven't seen Billy this happy in a long time! :laughing: :rolleyes:

Love4himies
September 21st, 2007, 05:45 AM
Aww what a good provider Billy is. He loves you:D. Hope you appreciate his effort to feed you.:laughing:

want4rain
September 21st, 2007, 06:37 AM
*snort* i watched our Moofums (yes, that lovely little kitty everyone gushes over) wolf down a mouse in under 8 seconds. she growled at the other cats and chomped and growled and chomped...

now seeing her chomp bones isnt that big of a deal.... :)

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/CarnivorsMoofiekins.jpg
chicken, not mouse!!
-ashley

chico2
September 21st, 2007, 06:52 AM
Smiley,This is the time of year,when critters will look for a warm winter-abode:laughing:
A couple of years back,I was watching TV and here comes a wee mouse running,persued by Vinnie...realizing we had mice in the house with 3 cats:yell:we went looking for an entrance outside the house.
We found they had chewded a hole beside the a/c hose going in to the house,through the filler that had been put there.
We plugged the hole and put out traps(kitty-friendly)in the house,soon no more mice.:thumbs up
I hated to do it,the mice are cute,but I want them cute outside:laughing:

Love4himies
September 21st, 2007, 06:54 AM
Mice can sneak in very small holes. We get them up in our attic starting about this time of year and it drives my Puddles crazy :crazy: listening to them.

want4rain
September 21st, 2007, 07:09 AM
On a more positive note, I haven't seen Billy this happy in a long time! :laughing: :rolleyes:

its probably the same as getting a good review at work!! betcha he is strutting around thinking he is the MAN!

-ashley

rainbow
September 21st, 2007, 07:00 PM
WOO HOO for Billy.....I'm certainly glad to hear he's still feeling so well. :highfive:

And, ummmm.......did you find the rest of the mouse yet? :D

Jim Hall
September 21st, 2007, 07:43 PM
When i filled out some adoption forms one of the questions was
"why do you want a cat " ?

I so wanted to put rodent and pest control but my friends talked me out of it

look at it his way better a dead mouse on the counter than a live one under your sink.

Smiley14
September 21st, 2007, 08:30 PM
The mouse is still missing in action. I've looked EVERYWHERE, so I think he must have practically swallowed it whole! :eek: But I'm not walking around barefoot anytime soon just in case! LOL! :laughing:

I have to walk around outside the house still and try to find any holes. I have no idea where it might be coming from! The only other thing I can think of is that I have been leaving the sliding door open for about an hour each morning for Belle to run in and out, so I suppose the bugger could have slipped inside and hidden until Billy finally found him... I haven't seen any evidence of mice anywhere, but I'm on the lookout now, that's for sure!

Boubou
September 21st, 2007, 10:29 PM
A few years ago, this happened to me - two different mice on two different nights!I woke up to some strange sounds in the bathroom next to my bedroom (on the second floor of my house) and what did I find but my cat Mimi playing with a small field mouse. Of course my first instinct was to freak out, but then I realized I had to save the mouse from the clutches of my cruel cat's claws and put an empty cat bowl on top of it until I could figure out what to do with it seeing as it was the middle of winter and I couldn't just set it free outside.

So, I went downstairs, got an empty aquarium with some woodchips and a kleenex box and decided to let him live in there. And then it happened the next night again. I started to panic thinking I had a mouse problem, but I never did see another mouse in my house - I guess the others got the hint that my cats mean business!

Oh yeah, I kept those two field mice for 3 months in that aquarium until I could set them free in the Spring! They were really cute!!:goodvibes:

Frenchy
September 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
I had one under the fridge last winter. Sam and Monsieur le chat were guarding it (Monsieur le chat waiting for the mouse , Sam guarding "his" fridge) but I guess it crawled back from when it came. They totally discust me :yuck:

I hope my cats are as good as Billy to catch and destroy the ennemy if they ever come back in.

cheribob
September 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
You don't need to call the exterminator you have a cat!

Ford Girl
September 27th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Sometimes in the summer I open my BBQ lid and there's a mouse or two in there, I always scream so loud!!! LMAO! YUK! I now chekc the BBQ beofre company arrives, once my yard was packed, I was so embarassed and freaked out!!!

Then, last weekend I looked at Dazy, laying in the back yard, something was hanging out of the corner of her mouth, was it is you ask...a mouse tail, just the gray tail with some meat on the end...I thought it was an earth worm at first, took it from her and screamed....thent he next day, she brings in this gray bit, what is it you ask...the arm with meat on it!! OMG!

I scanned the yard both times, couldn't find any more then what she had in her mouth, I don't think she caught it, just enjoyed the bits left over...:dog:

I am hoping the hungry stray can catch one!!! :cat:

bendyfoot
September 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Our senior kitty Boo has had a sudden resurgance in her interest in hunting. We've been getting little mousey/voley/moley things on the kitchen floor almost weekly for the past month or so, always with a screechy-howling triumphant return and expectations of pats :rolleyes:.

Last night, our gimpy-legged no-tail Riley came in through the cat door with the same screechy-howly announcement and dropped something on the floor. We cautiously crept up to the unfamiliar shape and poked it to discover...A LEAF!:laughing: That's our little hunter. :laughing:

ancientgirl
September 27th, 2007, 03:09 PM
All I can say is be glad it's not a roach! When I first moved into my new place, Oksana had a field day!:yuck:

otter
September 27th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Misery loves to bring LIVE critters into the house:eek:... I think she thinks I like my treats live. Lately it's been live birds, and no, a bird in hand is NOT better than one in the bush:yuck:

rainbow
September 28th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Steph, did you find any more mice? :eek: :D