Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

we are marshall

oceanbreeze
September 20th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Just saw "We Are Marshall". Very sad event at the beginning of the movie, but a well told story! Loved Matthew McConaughey as Coach Lengyel and David Strathairn as President of Marshall University. Even the visit to Bobby Bowden at WVU to learn "the Veer" was just funny to see, and kind of cool. College Football fans will love it!!!
It's amazing "The Thundering Herd" has won 2 National Titles and a whole host of bowl games in recent years. This movie shows how impossible that must have seemed in 1970! Kuddos to the team captain who just wanted to play ball, and all those freshmen players who got pounded into the ground nearly every game that first season after.

want4rain
September 21st, 2007, 06:43 AM
we ahvent been to the theater in over a year but i think we will go for that one. my hubby is a heck of a college fan.

-ashley

Ford Girl
December 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I loved this movie too. I am a huge sports fan, and I love movies about sports too. Not to mention how friggn yummy Matthew McConaughey is in every roll he plays. 2 :thumbs up just for his hotness!

SARAH
December 18th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Wanna see that! Got it taped so over the holidays for sure !!! That and Georgia Rule I want to see too (also taped)

Lol, we tape as many films as we can, more comfortable in the couch at home and we can pause it if we need a coffee or a ... get-rid-of-the-coffee :laughing: