Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Meet The Rainbow Family

rainbow
September 20th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Well I'm finally posting pics of my kids. The pics aren't very good though cuz they were taken with a disposable camera. :o

Logan is the husky, Chase is the lab, Jasmine is the white & black and Ziggy is the siamese cross......

angeldogs
September 20th, 2007, 02:59 AM
what good looking fur kids you have.
The boy are really handsome.:lovestruck:

jiorji
September 20th, 2007, 06:23 AM
oohhhh they're so pretty all of them :cloud9:

luckypenny
September 20th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Finally!!!! I love Logan's 'freckles' and Chase's pink nostrils :lovestruck:. Jasmine and Ziggy certainly look like they belong to each other :cloud9:. Does this mean we'll see a pic of you too :fingerscr in the "Who Are The Members" thread :D ?

hazelrunpack
September 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Such handsome boys, rainbow! :lovestruck: Logan grew up into a stunning blue-eyed Mr! And Chase is a doll...but then, I have a soft spot for labbies. :D

I don't believe I've ever seen pics of Jasmine or Ziggy before! :eek: Waited way too long! They look so companionable together. :cloud9:

Thank dawg for disposable cameras! :thumbs up

Lukka'sma
September 20th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Well I would have known them anywhere.
Glad to finally see some pictures. You have a beautiful family there

chico2
September 20th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Oh Rainbow,finally we get to see your furry family,your kitties are beautiful,great picture:lovestruck:
Logan(aww those eyes!) and Chase are sooo handsome:dog:

Love4himies
September 20th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Oh my, YOUR KITTIES LOVE EACH OTHER :lovestruck:.

Beautiful family, love Logan's eyes.

How do your dogs get along with your cats? Or should I say how do your cats keep your dogs in line?:laughing:

Frenchy
September 20th, 2007, 11:32 AM
wooohooo Rainbow ! :highfive: We finally get to "meet" your fuzzbutts ! Logan has wonderful eyes ! And Chase :lovestruck: just want to give him a big kiss on the nose !

The cats are too cute hugging this way ! Wonderful family ! :cloud9:

Crestedcrazy
September 20th, 2007, 11:44 AM
what a beautiful family:) Love the Kitty cuddle that pic is just adorable :cloud9:

rainbow
September 20th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Awwww, thanks everyone. :o I'll have to remember to buy another disposable camera now. :laughing:

rainbow
September 20th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Does this mean we'll see a pic of you too :fingerscr in the "Who Are The Members" thread :D ?

:laughing: not likely....I'm a wee bit camera shy. :D

rainbow
September 20th, 2007, 12:16 PM
I don't believe I've ever seen pics of Jasmine or Ziggy before! :eek: Waited way too long! They look so companionable together. :cloud9:

Oh my, YOUR KITTIES LOVE EACH OTHER :lovestruck:
How do your dogs get along with your cats? Or should I say how do your cats keep your dogs in line?:laughing:

The cats are too cute hugging this way ! Wonderful family ! :cloud9:

what a beautiful family:) Love the Kitty cuddle that pic is just adorable :cloud9:

The cat pic was a total fluke and Miss Princess Jasmine was likely hissing and growling at Ziggy a couple of minutes later. :rolleyes: They get along but it's one of those love/hate relationships. :laughing:

The cats and dogs get along fine but we do have to keep an eye on Logan if the cats are around at his feeding time. :rolleyes: But in his defense, it's always the cats that instigate. :evil: Other times the cats will be curled up beside him. I even have a pic of it once I get around to re-sizing it. :D

breeze
September 20th, 2007, 12:26 PM
WOW !!! We finialy get to see what your fur family looks like.. They are all beautiful :lovestruck:
I love chase's ears and the freckels on logan OMG
now I know why you haven't posted the pictures before... you were scared that someone might steel them :laughing: I know if I was closer I would :D

more pictures please :D:D:D

p.s. to resize them try the program irfanview just type it in on the internet and you can downlload it for free. it is a simple program..I use it all the time.

rainbow
September 20th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Thanks Breeze. Is Irfanview any easier to use than Paint that's already on my computer? :o

breeze
September 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM
for me it is I really don't like paint, never have....
there is a post that marco did on how to resize the pictures in irfanview
it's really simple and you can have big pictures in a small file size..

rainbow
September 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks Breeze. I'll check it out. :)

breeze
September 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24119

Hope I did this right

rainbow
September 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the thread. I'll try it later when I have more time. :o

breeze
September 20th, 2007, 01:25 PM
just remember that now you don't have an excuse so now you have to post more beautiful pictures of your fur babies :D:D(and maybe you!!)

rainbow
September 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Now I just have to remember to buy a disposable camera again. :D

Smiley14
September 20th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Awww!!!! The Rainbow family is BEAUTIFUL! :grouphug:

OC_Spirit
September 20th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Cuuuute! I love Logan's eyes!

mummummum
September 20th, 2007, 10:34 PM
So THAT'S what the fuss is all about !! Well, they are just GORGEOUS!

It's just like radio ~ they don't look a thing like I pictured they would look like !

I love Logan's smile ~ such a jolly fellow. And you can see the wee :evil: in Chase underneath that sweet "Who Me?" veneer. The markings on Jasmine are very striking and Ziggy has the Siamese pose down pat !

growler~GateKeeper
September 20th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Awwwww!!! So cute all 4 of them! Logan :lovestruck: Chase :lovestruck: Jasmine :lovestruck: Ziggy :lovestruck: I'm in love with them all!!!

The cats pic is just purrrfect huggin' on the couch! :cloud9: Chase is askin' for a big kiss on the nose in his pic :D Logan <sigh> :lovestruck: Ziggy <sigh> :lovestruck:

Miss Princess Jasmine complements Handsome Logan quite well doesn't she, matching black noses & caps (almost looks like she too has a clover leaf :cloud9:)

Exactly what I needed coming home after work :cloud9: a furry Rainbow kids love fest :D

Thanks Rainbow :thumbs up good job

rainbow
September 21st, 2007, 10:42 PM
It's just like radio ~ they don't look a thing like I pictured they would look like !

I'd love to know what you pictured. :laughing:

Thanks Rainbow :thumbs up good job

Thank YOU, Growler.....I couldn't have done it without you. ;)

Frenchy
September 21st, 2007, 10:47 PM
I'd love to know what you pictured. :laughing:

Speaking for myself , I tought Chase was a black lab :sorry:

rainbow
September 21st, 2007, 10:57 PM
So you thought I have a black lab and a husky named Lance. :laughing:

Frenchy
September 21st, 2007, 11:01 PM
So you thought I have a black lab and a husky named Lance. :laughing:

:o I know , I suck ! :laughing: I'm better when I see daily pictures ..... hint hint.

rainbow
September 21st, 2007, 11:06 PM
These pics are probably 6 months old. If you look real close you'll see little mounds of snow across the street in the pic of Jasmine and Ziggy. :D

growler~GateKeeper
September 21st, 2007, 11:11 PM
Thank YOU, Growler.....I couldn't have done it without you. ;)

Your Welcome Rainbow, happy to see your sweeties :cloud9:

TeriM
September 22nd, 2007, 12:00 AM
Woohoo! ..... does a little happy dance :D.

FINALLY pics of your adorable family, they are all gorgeous:lovestruck::cloud9:.

Got any more :D.

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 12:05 AM
I do but they're not very good so I haven't resized them yet. :o

growler~GateKeeper
September 22nd, 2007, 12:08 AM
nudge nudge poke poke We still want to see :p

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 12:14 AM
Well I'll have to take another look at them. :o

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 01:13 AM
Here's a couple more but they're not very good and they're from last year too. :o Jasmine was in the last pic but she skedaddled away when she seen the camera. :D

TeriM
September 22nd, 2007, 01:21 AM
OMG ... I love the shot of them sleeping together :cloud9:. Chase is still such a puppy there :lovestruck:, and I love how Logan is sticking his tongue out :laughing:.
Chase looks like he has long legs like Riley does :).

growler~GateKeeper
September 22nd, 2007, 01:22 AM
Not very good!!! What're talking about????? they're grrrrreat!! :D

Puppy Chase :cloud9:

Love Logan stickin' his tongue out :D

The last one is so sweet :cloud9: communal hallway sleeping :cloud9:

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 01:30 AM
OMG ... I love the shot of them sleeping together :cloud9:. Chase is still such a puppy there :lovestruck:, and I love how Logan is sticking his tongue out :laughing:.
Chase looks like he has long legs like Riley does :).

Not very good!!! What're talking about????? they're grrrrreat!! :D

Puppy Chase :cloud9:

Love Logan stickin' his tongue out :D

The last one is so sweet :cloud9: communal hallway sleeping :cloud9:

Yes, Chase is ALL legs. Lots of people we meet think he's lab x great dane. :D

I can't remember why Logan had his tongue out at the time. He's not the best looking out of the Sibes I've had but he definitely has more personality. :cloud9:

TeriM
September 22nd, 2007, 01:31 AM
Yes, Chase is ALL legs. Lots of people we meet think he's lab x great dane. :D

I get that all the time too! We actually did meet a dane/black lab cross this summer and he looked nothing like Riley.

and I happen to think Logan is very handsome!

growler~GateKeeper
September 22nd, 2007, 01:33 AM
For most people the clover-leaf usually takes a while to get used to but he sure is cute :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Chase = big puppy feet :cloud9:

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 01:47 AM
I get that all the time too! We actually did meet a dane/black lab cross this summer and he looked nothing like Riley.

I think the only thing they would have in common is the legs. Danes just don't have the goofy look about them. :D

For most people the clover-leaf usually takes a while to get used to

Well I'm used to it now but I much prefer the open face look. :cloud9:

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
nudge nudge poke poke We still want to see :p

I keep screwing up. :yell: :frustrated: :o

breeze
September 22nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
I'm in love with the picture of the two of them sleeping together... why is it that they always find the smallest spot and make themselfs comfy :shrug:
or right where you have to walk, then they look at you as if you are not supose to walk there?? lol lol lol

Do you have more pictures :goodvibes: <----- me waiting for more pictures :fingerscr

TeriM
September 23rd, 2007, 12:08 AM
I keep screwing up. :yell: :frustrated: :o

Have you tried downloading Irfanview? I just open up the pics with that program and then go to Image Resize and under "set new size" I just put 500 in the width and it resizes the rest. Then save as a different name and you are done :thumbs up.

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 12:35 AM
Thanks Teri. Breeze did tell me about Irfanview but I haven't downloaded it yet. :o I did however manage to get a couple more pics re-sized.....I think. We'll see when I go to post them. :D They aren't very good but I will start a new thread in case Hazel wants to see them. :o

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 01:10 AM
Well, I thought wrong. :laughing: If I download Irfanview can I crop pictures? :o

growler~GateKeeper
September 23rd, 2007, 01:27 AM
I had Irfanview on my old computer but didn't use it that often. When resizing pics it is done by pixel size:

From www.irfanview.com
Q: How to reduce saved file size from XX to YY KB?
A: There is no one-click solution for that, sorry.
1. Open an image.
2. Go to menu Image->Resize/Resample and reduce the image dimensions in pixels.
3. Go to menu File->Save as, choose JPG and save as new file (see also JPG save options like: lower JPG quality, uncheck EXIF, etc.).
4. Look at the file size of the new file. If still too big, repeat the steps, using smaller pixel size and/or lower quality, etc.
X. For many images, use File->Batch Conversion, Advanced options.

Yes you can crop pics w/irfanview this shows a demo:

http://www.peterkjohnson.com/helpSheet/demoCroppingIrfanview/croppingIrfanview.html

In Paint you can also crop: just move the mouse to the wee blue squares around the pic until the pointer is a double headed arrow click & drag - once you let go you lose what went outside the box.
You can also click Edit, Select All, then move the mouse onto the picture, click & hold them move the sides out of the box, again once you let go you lose what is outside the box

:D

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 01:37 AM
Thanks again Growler. I'll try posting a new thread. :o

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 02:11 AM
WOO HOO....I got it figured out but I never did find the blue squares you were talking about. :D But now I have to upload the pics from the cd again because they have lines around where I used the pencil thingy with Paint. :laughing: I'm too tired to do it now so it will have to wait until tomorrow. :o Thanks again, Growler. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
September 23rd, 2007, 02:13 AM
heehee the blue squares are very very very tiny :D should've mention they are in the middle of each side & at the corners :o

and of course you're always welcome - the thanks I get is seeing your purrty crew :cloud9:

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 02:18 AM
I'll look closer next time.....It's probably cuz I'm too tired right now. :D

angeldogs
September 23rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
I just love the last pic with all 3 of them sleeping and dreaming about what they can get into next.

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 06:09 PM
I just love the last pic with all 3 of them sleeping and dreaming about what they can get into next.

:laughing:....yes, they can be a little :evil: at times. :D

chico2
September 24th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Oh,I missed the pic of the three of them together,priceless:cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
September 25th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Here's the second Rainbow Family Thread :D

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44865

wdawson
September 26th, 2007, 02:10 PM
you do have a great looking fur family.....those eyes on logan are great looking.

jesse's mommy
October 9th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Rainbow -- I haven't been around too much lately, but I wanted to say your family is beautiful! I'm so happy to finally see them. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
October 9th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I missed half the pics on this thread! How did that happen!?! http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

I love the intertwined puppy legs. :lovestruck: You really do have such a lovely family :cloud9:

rainbow
October 9th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Rainbow -- I haven't been around too much lately, but I wanted to say your family is beautiful! I'm so happy to finally see them. :cloud9:

Why, thank you JM, I really do wish you'd pop in more often. :D

rainbow
October 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I missed half the pics on this thread! How did that happen!?! http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

Hazel didn't tell Madame Hazel what Hazel remembered. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
October 9th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Hazel didn't tell Madame Hazel what Hazel remembered. :laughing:

Ya, it's like pulling teeth trying to get anything outta that madame hazel! :frustrated:

But I'm glad we've both seen them now, cuz they're adorable! :lovestruck: