Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New to Puppydom..

Charli516
September 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Hello all,

I find myself the proud owner of a "eskimo/collie" mix....

She was given to me by a couple who faced eviction if they kept her...

She is all brown and has (what I think is )a collie face. I will put a picture of her when I get time...

She needs shots and I think she is 3-4 months old...

ANY advice would be appreciated...:D

hazelrunpack
September 19th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Hello, Charli516! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new furbaby! :thumbs up

Oooo...3 to 4 months...teething just around the corner, if not already in progress. :D Is she getting the hang of housebreaking yet?

First bit of advice--take care of the shots as soon as you can. :thumbs up

Second piece--get some bicycling gloves--the kind that cover the palm and back of the hand but leave the fingers free. You'll be discouraging chewing when puppy is teething, but she'll still have the urge for a while, and the gloves will make things oh so much more comfy for you! :o I'll never raise another puppy without at least one pair of bicycle gloves on hand (literally :laughing:)

And as for the rest: patience, consistency, and lots of lovin'! :D

As specific questions come up, post them in the appropriate forums to get the best advice. People are more likely to see them when they're posted in, say, the training or one of the food forums, or even the general forum.

And welcome to the wonderful world of dogs! :dog:

mummummum
September 20th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I see the Hazel Welcome Wagon has arrived so I'll play the "bad cop" ~ WHERE"S THE PIX ??? WE WANT THE PIX !! GIVE US PIX NOW!!!! :laughing:

and uhhh...Welcome to the board !

Charli516
September 21st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Ive posted a picture of her in my avatar and I guess its also my profile picture...:)