Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fishy Orijen

Ford Girl
September 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Hi, I went to buy Dazy some adult formula yesterday, and I was going to look at the Fish formula but they didn't have any, so I got a regular bag. I asked them how the fish stuff was selling and they told me there was such a high demand for it that they can't keep it stocked, or get more quickly cuz the demand was greater then the distributor anticipated, and Orijen doesn't have enough fresh supply of fish to continue to produce it on a regular basis.

This is just what I was told by the staff, not Orijen or the distributor, so it's not offical information, just wondering if any of you have had issues getting it? Have you noticed the same thing in your areas? I was really considering it but I'd hate to need some and not be able to get it. Just wondering.

Winston
September 19th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Funny here in Hamilton I have only 2 locations I can buy it from.....both times the one location had not been able to get supply...so maybe that is true! I have to tell you Winston never ate any form of fish food I ever tried.....I dont know what it is about this Orijen food but he liked the Adult food but seems to love the fish formula........but boy is it a strong smell!

Hopefully Daisy will like it!

Cindy

rainbow
September 19th, 2007, 04:38 PM
You should send an email to Peter (peter@championpetfoods.com) and ask him.

Goldens4Ever
September 22nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hhhmm.....well, I'm certainly not surprised; however, I am very disappointed, because we still can't get it in the states. I've tried to order it, but no luck. So, if it's true that they're running behind, it will be even longer before we can get it here. I've been eagerly waiting for my two try it. :sad:

Winston
September 23rd, 2007, 06:25 AM
The funny thing about Orijen as well is that they only sell to whom they want to..I normally used Pet Valu for supplies...not food though as I used to buy that from the vet...Anyway, Pet Valu tried so many times to order the food but were not allowed...As it turns out they have an exclusive contract with Ryans Pet Food...(which is a store I hate! they have absolutely no experienced people there!)...and they are the only store around here that can sell Orijen!....

So I wonder for those of you in the US that cant get it.......I wonder if you can order it through Ryans Pet Food also called Global Ryans...just a thought!

Cindy

Goldens4Ever
September 23rd, 2007, 08:40 AM
That's a good idea - I will check with them.

But, Champion has agreed to sell to the person whom I buy my food from online (doggiefood.com) & the owner is just waiting for it to come in. He said that it's not the US yet. He has the other Orijen varieties, just not the 6 Fish yet.

SuperWanda
September 24th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I can only get the 7lb bags here in Winnipeg, not he 30lb. The owner of the store I buy from told me the same thing you heard - that they are having trouble keeping up with the demand.