Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's Snowing!

Ford Girl
September 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
OMG, IT'S SNOWING! :yuck:

I am sitting at my desk watching the light snow fall in down town Calgary! It's too early to snow if you ask me. I was going to go back to the gym today after a few summer months off, this is going to make it even harder to not just go home and put my pj's on and watch TV.

clm
September 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM
OMG, the "S" word already. :yell:

I gotta tell you....I'm happy you're the one looking at it and not me. :laughing:

Cindy

JanM
September 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Snow? You've got to be joking! It's only September! If you lived in Winnipeg (when I'm from), I would say it's to be expected but, but, but....

Hope it doesn't stay!

Ford Girl
September 19th, 2007, 02:33 PM
The good thing about Calgary is that it doesn't stay, we could have a chinnok at any time and it could be +15 the next day and it will be melted in no time, when they do a weather warning here it's for less then 5 cm, I'm from northern ON, so I know what snow really is. BUT, it still sucks that it's snowing...of course it always looks worse from way up in a high rise building.

I bet in Winnipeg when it comes it stays all winter?

clm
September 19th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Snow only looks good in pictures in my opinion :laughing:

Just kidding. I actually like winter, my dogs preferred season. As long as I don't have to deal with fools on the road and can stay home and watch them play in the snow, I can live with that.

Cindy

krdahmer
September 19th, 2007, 02:50 PM
:eek::eek::yuck:

Lukka'sma
September 19th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I am likely the only one on this board that just loves the winter. Bring it on!!!! Gimme snow, lots of snow, and a good crisp chill to the air, great for hiking. Winter on the trails with Lukka is just the best time of year. No BUGS, dusting of snow on the bows of all the pines:cloud9:

CyberKitten
September 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM
OMG!!! I did not want to hear THAT word for a good long while!!!

Ford Girl
September 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM
It's done! Looks bright out now...one never knows how to dress in Calgary.

jiorji
September 19th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I think this thread should be closed due to EXTREME profanity...the use of the "s" word:laughing::laughing:

chico2
September 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I agree jiorji,today we have a balmy+27C great stuff!!
Although I do like snow in the winter,NOT in september:yell:
Remember last year???

jiorji
September 19th, 2007, 05:19 PM
heheh invisible Vinnie:D

chico2
September 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah and they do not like the snow too much,they stay out with us maybe for 15 minutes,while in the summer we are outside at least 4 hours..I love summer!

Longblades
September 19th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Hooray for snow. And you are west of me so maybe I'll get a bit of it too. Yippee, bring on the snow. It's +28C here today, much too hot for mid September. Lukka's mom, you are not alone, I love snow too.

kara1
September 19th, 2007, 06:22 PM
you calgarians can keep the snow haha I'm from edmonton , its cold here today but at least it not snowing:laughing::p

mummummum
September 19th, 2007, 06:34 PM
We're still wearing shorts and T's here. Mind you at night it's sweaters and jeans. But, as much as I love winter, I would like a teensy bit of autumn before we plunge neck deep into the snowbank. Ya'll can keep it in Calgary for awhile if you don't mind :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 19th, 2007, 06:49 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

rainbow
September 19th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Well I hope it all blows right over us here in southeast B.C. and right into Calgary. :D

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/21.gif http://bestsmileys.com/winter/14.gif

growler~GateKeeper
September 19th, 2007, 07:30 PM
:cloud9: snow :cloud9:

Smiley14
September 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM
GUH! It's way too early to think about SNOW yet! :yell: Definitely sounds like TV and PJ's weather though! :p

hazelrunpack
September 19th, 2007, 11:44 PM
:cloud9: Ahhhhhhh....snow! Bring it on! :thumbs up We can't wait! :highfive:

course hazel has been :crazy: from day one... :laughing:

Longblades
September 25th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Well, Ford Girl, I'm not very happy with you. Were you not taught to share? :) Not only is there no sign of snow here in southern Ontario, it's been +30C in the last two days and supposed to be very hot today as well. Really, could you not have left just a wee bit of that lovely snow for us? :)
It's so hot and dry here we still have extreme fire ratings in some places.

chico2
September 25th, 2007, 05:12 PM
"Lovely snow"you got to be kidding:laughing:
Today It was +32C here,we were in our pool and it's sept 25th,that's a record,just keep the snow in Alberta,that's fine with me:laughing:

Schwinn
September 26th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Yup, air conditioner is currently pumping in the comfy-sleeping weather here...

I like the snow, but I'm not ready to put away the Schwinn yet, and Gracie isn't ready to give up the bike rides yet either.

(after a particularly restless night and going to bed at 4 am, I woke up at 7:30 to a pair of big blue eyes staring out from underneath a bike helmet slightly askew..."Go for bike ride, Daddy?" Not ready to give that up yet...)