Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Success! Bobby lost another 2 lbs!

JanM
September 19th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Bobby is down from 79 lbs to 75 lbs now! He should be between 65 and 70 - closer to 70 I think so I'm really, really pleased. I'm sure it's the suppers he is getting - fresh raw veggies, fruit and meat.

I'll get him a cake to celebrate when he hits the 70 lbs mark! :D

Ford Girl
September 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Good for you and Bobby!!! :highfive:

Did the vet say 70lbs is where he should be at? Dazy weighs 69lbs, but she's tall and thin and isn't over weight. What does Amber weigh? Just courios how vets come to a weight conclusion, it must depend on build, height and stature?

JanM
September 19th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Did the vet say 70lbs is where he should be at? Dazy weighs 69lbs, but she's tall and thin and isn't over weight. What does Amber weigh? Just courios how vets come to a weight conclusion, it must depend on build, height and stature?

The old vet says Bobby should be 65 lbs but I think, for his body type, 65 lbs is too low. Bobby is short but has big bones. Amber is taller than Bobby and she weighs 62 lbs. Both are considered small for Goldens though. I would like her to be steady at 65 lbs - she is finer boned than Bobby and sleeker all round. I'll see if I can find some pictures that show what I'm trying to say.

JanM
September 19th, 2007, 05:27 PM
The differences between Bobby and Amber can be seen somewhat in these pictures - very different bone structure and body types...

clm
September 20th, 2007, 07:31 AM
My goodness, they're pretty dogs. Goldens really do seem to glow.

Cindy

Rottielover
September 20th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Very nice looking dogs.
How about Bobby passes some of his extra weight to harley, Harley needs to gain at least 15 lbs :)

JanM
September 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
"How about Bobby passes some of his extra weight to harley, Harley needs to gain at least 15 lbs "

Oh, don't I wish it was that easy!

Ford Girl
September 20th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Even their coat is different from each other eh? You see so many different shapes and sizes and colors!! Nice dogs, love them!! They look healthy. :thumbs up