Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can dogs have "dry mouth"?

Schwinn
September 18th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Daisy is CONSTANTLY licking her chops, and it grosses me right out. If she's awake when I go to bed, I often have to send her into the hall. Every two seconds *slup-slup*. I feel bad, but it DRIVES ME NUTS! (I also can't sit at the same table as my nephew because he chews with his mouth open...yes, I'm anal about it). Daisy is the fifth dog I've had, and I've never seen anything like it.

So, can they have it, and can anything be done about it? Or do I need to just learn to lighten up? :D

mummummum
September 18th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Declan used to do that and it WAS grody. And come to think of it he's stopped doing that since his food-thing has been resolved. Do you switch her food around at all ?

Kristin7
September 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I was just thinking it might be a food allergy and switching food might help. My dog does something like this but only when he eats certain types of food. It is definitely annoying!

Schwinn
September 26th, 2007, 11:25 PM
She's had a few different kinds of food, but she's always done it. I think it's getting to me more than usual because of sleep deprivation. I've been going to bed after she's gone to sleep, because it's really bad when she lies down. Half hour of *slup-slup* every 5 seconds. Fortunatly, she follows Mrs. Schwinn down the hall when she gets up to feed Maddie.