Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Costco's doggy beds

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I know lots of people here have them , the Kirkland one, round and fluffy for big dogs , about $25-$27. I have one (and an old very large pillow) and wanted to get a second one. The 2 last time I went , there wasn't any. Yesterday I asked a clerk who told me they were going to get some in November. She told me the $21 ones :confused: So I think they don't make them anymore ? Anyone saw them at Costco lately ?

breeze
September 18th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I might be going this weekend so I will take a look for you..It's the biggest one right??

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I might be going this weekend so I will take a look for you..It's the biggest one right??

I think it's the biggest , it is the fluffiest (is this a word? :laughing:) it's about $25-$27. One side is material , the other is like sheep white fur (gosh sorry I can't find the right word :o)

breeze
September 18th, 2007, 08:43 PM
it's the pillow not the blanket right?? it's round??

joeysmama
September 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
The last time I was at Costco, about a month ago, I'm pretty sure they had them. That was here in the states though so I don't know if that means anything or not. But they had the big ones.

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 08:51 PM
That's the one.

breeze
September 18th, 2007, 08:53 PM
when I go I will check and let you know :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 08:57 PM
when I go I will check and let you know :thumbs up

Cool , thanks . And if you find one just like in the picture I posted , I mean with a live great dane on it , take it , I will pay you back :laughing:

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 08:58 PM
That was here in the states though so I don't know if that means anything or not. But they had the big ones.

You guys have everything in the states :yell: So more choices than here.

breeze
September 18th, 2007, 09:00 PM
and what happens if I find another doggie on it (not a great dane) do I still pick it up??

Winston
September 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Frenchy here in Hamilton Costco was out of them as well..They have 2 kinds...One is blanket type with material on one side and furry type fabric on the other but it is definately a large blanket....the other is a bed..quite large...it is fabric only...washable with a cedar lined stuffing inside! It was 22.89 on Sunday when I went but like I said the bin was empty...Winston fits on the bed with lots of room so it would be big enough for your guys! I am looking to replace his because Tabitha has been peeing on it...:sad:

Here are a few more they sell but they are more expensive..

http://www.costco.ca/Common/Category.aspx?cat=20161&eCat=BCCA|20161&lang=en-CA&whse=BCCA&topnav=

Cindy

luckypenny
September 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Of all the doggie beds in this house, these are the favorites. We only have two and another different type altogether in our bedroom so Penny and Ava share :cloud9: while Lucky hogs one to himself :D. The other really fancy type is very rarely used. I know the Costco in Brossard didn't have them a couple of weeks ago when I went to pick one up. But my girlfriend said she saw them at the one in Boucherville.

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM
and what happens if I find another doggie on it (not a great dane) do I still pick it up??

Yes you may , but only these breeds : golden, great dane, english mastiff, st-bernard, beagle, pyrenee, any kind of setter, cocker, dogs like CLM puppies, newf, any dog 60 lbs and up :laughing: and Bree :cloud9:

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks Winston , I will look up the link :thumbs up

LP , I go to the one in Brossard. Boucherville is too out of my way. I just found out , they are building a new Costco , right on highway 15 where they are building the 30. How great will this be ! :thumbs up

breeze
September 18th, 2007, 09:08 PM
oooooooooooooooo that means if there is a leo on it it's mine :evil::D

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 09:12 PM
oooooooooooooooo that means if there is a leo on it it's mine :evil::D

No it's not , I did mention any dog 60 lbs and up , it's mine oh mine :evil:

breeze
September 18th, 2007, 09:15 PM
but leo are over 60lbs and you said I could !! :laughing:

Frenchy
September 18th, 2007, 09:17 PM
ok ok I will let you have your Leo :laughing:

breeze
September 18th, 2007, 09:19 PM
woohooo yes I can have him Yes I can have him insert happy dance smilie

otter
September 18th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Oooooo, I think I like the Great Dane included model that Frenchy has... where can I pick up one of those? Actually, i'd take one of those Leo models too probably.

Now, get real.... pick a model that YOU feel comfortable sleeping on. Seems more often that Molly gets my bed and I snooze away on hers:sleepy::D:laughing: (really, it happens, I dooze off cuddling with her on her bed, when I wake up, she's on my bed, i'm on the floor:shrug:)

Frenchy
September 19th, 2007, 08:09 AM
(really, it happens, I dooze off cuddling with her on her bed, when I wake up, she's on my bed, i'm on the floor:shrug:)

:laughing: so Molly is allowd on the bed now ? :cloud9:

breeze
September 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
went to Costco.. they have doggie beds but they are not round they are retanglar the size is 36X42 inches. they are pretty big IMO.. fabric on one side and it's like suede on the other side.. the price 22.95$ give or take a few cents.....
It's the same size as the one Bree has. and she fits on it juwst fine with room to spare.. the only thing different about the two is the one from Costco is fluffier.. :D

Winston
September 19th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Thats the one I have for Winston (except the suede)...It is great! more than enough room for a big doggie!

Cindy

otter
September 19th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Molly (or is it me) has one of the Costco suede like ones (rectangular) and it is a nice size for her with a bit of room to spare. Costco seems to have the best beds i've seen around for big dogs. I also have one of those fleece on one side, material on the other, blankets - it's on the seat of my car and it's great cause it's nice and heavy and doesn't get scrunched up by a wet doggy:thumbs up

:offtopic:Yes Frenchy, Molly asked to come on the bed a while back and I finally gave in and extended an invitation:sleepy:.... I think it was just when we got back from our canoe trip, I thought she deserved a snuggly place to sleep after such an action packed weekend. Cats quite often rule the bed during the day so I figured Molly shouldn't be left out either. She's a real snuggle bug on the bed:cloud9:

shredy
September 19th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Frenchy, I have noticed here that the style of the beds changes at Costco, they always seem to have a nice big dog bed, but sometimes round, sometimes rectangle, all diff fabrics... That is how it is in California at least...

Frenchy
September 19th, 2007, 08:15 PM
ok so my question now is : are the rectangle ones are as thick and fluffy as the round ones ? Because that is the mean reason I love the round ones. The thickness.

Winston
September 19th, 2007, 08:28 PM
yes they are

otter
September 19th, 2007, 08:29 PM
The rectangle ones are pretty fluffy too but, no cedar in them. The circle ones are definitely bigger - I looked at them when I bought my rectangle one and decided that I didn't have the floor space for the round one. I can vouch that the rectangle ones are pretty cosy - and they survive being put in the washing machine (after the cat pees on them:yuck:)

Frenchy
September 19th, 2007, 08:48 PM
went to Costco.. they have doggie beds but they are not round they are retanglar the size is 36X42 inches. they are pretty big IMO.. fabric on one side and it's like suede on the other side.. the price 22.95$ give or take a few cents.....

Where is this Costco Breeze ?

breeze
September 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
it is in pointe claire , on the trans canada near my house

JanM
September 20th, 2007, 01:22 PM
I just came home from Shar Kare and they have beds that look exactly like the one in the picture - $47.99.

If you have a Shar Kare in your area, you might want to have a look there.

Frenchy
September 20th, 2007, 08:49 PM
If you have a Shar Kare in your area, you might want to have a look there.

I never heard of those stores , so I don't think we have them here. 47.99 seems very expensive for a bed I can get at Costco for 25.00. :eek:

TeriM
September 22nd, 2007, 02:16 AM
My dogs refuse to sleep on the cedar filled beds from Costco. I do buy them anyway and then change the stuffing for regular foam chips :thumbs up which they love.

Winston
September 22nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Costco here has the doggy beds in stock again...Winston got a new one...I cant put it out for my poor boy yet because I am afraid Tabitha will pee on it again..I am going to wait until she is over this problem of hers...2 days now no bed....and no pee???

Cindy

Frenchy
September 22nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
...2 days now no bed....and no pee???

Cindy

She's holding it for the new bed :evil: :cat: :laughing:

Winston
September 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
I'm holding out though! Its locked up in the closet! Poor Winston...Oh well it is warm today so he really isnt lying on it anyway..he likes the ceramic floors on hot days!

Cindy

clm
September 23rd, 2007, 05:35 PM
I've been to 3 Costco's and they only had the cedar filled ones. I got two for the gruesome twosome and they love them.

Cindy

clm
October 13th, 2007, 05:58 AM
I know lots of people here have them , the Kirkland one, round and fluffy for big dogs , about $25-$27. I have one (and an old very large pillow) and wanted to get a second one. The 2 last time I went , there wasn't any. Yesterday I asked a clerk who told me they were going to get some in November. She told me the $21 ones :confused: So I think they don't make them anymore ? Anyone saw them at Costco lately ?

I was at Costco yesterday, they have the 21.99 round beds back in stock.

Cindy

mastifflover
October 13th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Even better if you go to costco online they have memory foam beds for dogs and I think they are 47.00. Great for their hips

Frenchy
October 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I was at Costco yesterday, they have the 21.99 round beds back in stock.

Cindy

So I guess they lowered their prices ! :thumbs up I remember paying $25-$26 for this bed. But the COstco here will only get them in November :sad:

mastifflover,these beds sound great but too expensive for me at $47.00 , because I need to buy at least 2 more beds , 3 would be even better.

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I went to Costco earlier and they had the beds , woohoo ! I bought 2. So I now have 3 Kirkland beds + one old doggy bed pillow. And right now , Sam and foster Ben are lying on the ceramic floor in the kitchen :yell: I bought 3 runners (carpets) this week and they're not even on it :yell:

mummummum
October 18th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Well that's a drag after all the time and effort ! Is it really warm in your house and they are looking for the coolness of the ceramic floor ?

Frenchy
October 19th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Is it really warm in your house and they are looking for the coolness of the ceramic floor ?

It kinda is outside , today 22*C but feels much warmer with the humidity ! Can't believe it's October 19 !!! They did try the beds when I got my bum on the couch , I think they just wanted to stay close to me. :cloud9:

mastifflover
October 20th, 2007, 08:25 AM
mastifflover,these beds sound great but too expensive for me at $47.00 , because I need to buy at least 2 more beds , 3 would be even better.[/QUOTE]

They are but compared to the 180.00 I was quoted for a memory foam bed for Bud even having to buy 2 or 3 is cheaper and a lot cheaper than hip problems for him, and me. I ordered 2 and I will let you know if they are worth it. I might even buy a 3rd depending how Buddy fits on 2 or not fits. He has a big square one from Costco previously he had the round. They are a great deal.

Frenchy
October 20th, 2007, 05:22 PM
They are but compared to the 180.00 I was quoted for a memory foam bed for Bud

Holy crap ! $180.00 for a doggy bed :eek: don't get me wrong , if I had the money I wouldn't care but $180.00 is a lot for most people. I hope Bud can do with the less expensive ones. BTW , how come we never get pictures of him? :sad: