Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten Wetting Problem.

AlkalineTrio
September 18th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Hey all. We just adopted a kitten two days ago. Since then he has been absolutely wonderful, except for one thing. When he uses his litterbox, he ends up urinating all over his legs and belly, as well as his tail. We try to clean him off a little and he yelps, like it hurts to be cleaned. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea why he did this? We're taking him to the vet in about two weeks, but I wanted to know if there was anything I could do until then. Thanks so much! :cat:

sugarcatmom
September 18th, 2007, 06:21 PM
How old is he and what kind of litter are you using? Does it seem to hurt him when he pees?

ETA - just read your profile and it says he's 5 months. Does this happen every time he pees? Have you witnessed "the act", like does the pee spray around or is it pooling at his feet?

~michelle~
September 18th, 2007, 06:30 PM
hmm could you get to the vet sooner?

krdahmer
September 18th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I would get to the vet sooner as it sounds like there could be a problem with the actual plumbing if he is in pain. :pray:its nothing serious

AlkalineTrio
September 18th, 2007, 07:52 PM
He is 5 months old, and we are using Fresh Step cat litter. I asked the woman who was his foster mother if he did this, and she said that she hadn't noticed him doing it. She thought it might just be nerves from moving to a new house. He's pretty comfortable here, so I don't think that's the case. He gets himself pretty wet everytime he pees. I was reading on here that it could be a problem with a scar from him being neutered. Do you think that could have anything to do with it? Thanks.

CyberKitten
September 18th, 2007, 07:57 PM
He may not like getting wet but just to be safe, in the event it is a urinary tract infection, I's bring him to the vet just to be certain. He may not like the litter - and there is a difference between him crying while urinating or crying while being washed. The former could point to an infection, the latter to some issue with water. However, since it is virtually (pun intended) impossible to diagnose anything online, please have your vet check the little fellow out!