Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Simon's Litter Mates Doing Well!

jowilson002
September 18th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Hey Guys,

As you know I lost Simon on August 4th. His litter mates Bagheera, Gabriel and Mary were also diagnosed with FIP.

We have been on quite a few meds and Gabriel has even been on Chemo...

All three now have normal lab work. The vet was surprised they are doing so well. We will recheck corona virus titers again in several months to see those results. Hopefully their titers will drop to "exposure" levels.

I have another kitten "Baby Bear" that was ill when I took her in. She has a tumor or growth in her abdomen. She is also on Chemo and Aranesp (similar to Procrit for humans) because her blood count is so low. We are trying to get her RBC's up so we can do surgery to remove the tumor. She is also on several other meds. She doesn't look good but she still enjoys sitting in the window and being held. She is not in any pain that we can tell and she still eats well and is improving daily.

So Far we haven't lost anyone else.

Simon's:angel: sacrifice may have saved his siblings...

Just wanted to give you an update.

Jennifer W.

crazydays
September 18th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Jennifer- it is sooo good to hear from you! It sounds like you are working it all out. After everything you have been through, your Vet should hire you to work in the practice! I really hope that the titres come back better.
Take care.

mummummum
September 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM
I hope everything continues to look up for you and the zoo ! :fingerscr

chico2
September 18th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Jen,that's great news,glad to hear from you again:thumbs up
Hopefully Baby Bear will pull through surgery and live happily ever after too.
You are a kitty:angel:thank you..