Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Keeping A Foster

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 08:27 PM
what are your thoughts? Frances has really made a home here with us. she, herself, would probably make a transition to another home fine but i dont think Hunter is willing to give her up. the day i took her to an adoptathon at petco he caterwalled the WHOLE TIME WE WERE GONE! do you know how horrible that was? i got a phone call as i pulled in the driveway so sat in the car for a few minutes talking to my friend. my husband came out to glare at me and get her in the house ASAP because Hunter was interrupting his fantasy football live draft by meowing and demanding attention. :frustrated:

so we are thinking of keeping her.

-ashley

luckypenny
September 17th, 2007, 08:31 PM
That's wonderful! If she fits in so well, and you're comfortable with another permanent addition, why not. Besides, I think your Hubby is now dependent on her :D. Congratulations :) .

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 08:39 PM
*laughs* it IS special she fits in so well but LP.... she is our first foster!! we had kinda hoped to do the fostering thing for a few years!! and we soooo dont have room for another living creature in our house!! we would be done with fostering!

anyways, she has one of the most beautiful kitty faces ever. she eats everything... and keeps the rest of the furbabies on their toes. AND she grooms Chris. how much cooler does it get???

-ashley

Frenchy
September 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM
but i dont think Hunter is willing to give her up. -ashley

Yes , right , blame Hunter :laughing: I'm sure the rescue for wich you foster would be sad to loose you. We all fall in love with our fosters. If you think you just can't let her go , adopt her. Or else you ill regret it for the rest of your life. If you want to keep on fostering , and if you're able to find a good family for her .... I am not helping am I ? :laughing:

Obviously , if you posted about it , it's because you want to keep her. So , you should adopt her :thumbs up

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
oh poo... if it will make Hunter happy....

-ash

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2007, 09:19 PM
:D Congrats on the new addition, want4rain! And welcome to the wonderful world of failed fostering...:p We had the same 'problem'...we took in our first foster and ended up with a new Pack member :o. Haven't regretted it for a minute! :thumbs up

But as to fostering, we can't even try again...eight is enough! :rolleyes: :laughing:

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Chris say the only addition of furry/feathered things will be for food. period. :laughing:

-ashley

Love4himies
September 20th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I think I am going to have the same problem when my fosters leave.

I have a male cat that loves other cats and howls for days after they leave the house (it took months to get over Misty, my stray after her death).

want4rain
September 20th, 2007, 11:02 AM
keep him!!!

you know you want to. ;) it makes the whole house happy! right??

(if you say yes, then its ok for me to keep Frances right?? we all can be foster failures!!)

-ashley