Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Woody

i_have_too_many
September 17th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Hello Pets.ca-aholics

Sorry for my long absence, I see my last visit was July 23, yikes! Anyways, thought I would update you all on our progress with Woody the foster GSP.

Since his last check-up in mid-July he has lost about 12lbs, which is great, added to the 10 or so he lost in the first 2 months we had him. (I will attach photos later)

He is doing much better, getting lots of exercise running around with the other GSP's in the yard and even playing a little. I have been trying very hard to find him a nice home where he will get some one-on-one attention and perhaps hunt a little. Well... good things come to those who wait!

I am pleased to announce that Woody has found a new family, all the way in...yes...Newfoundland! :thumbs up He leaves with them on Tuesday, so about a day away. The couple who are taking him were here for a convention and decided to look him up while in the province, and they think he will be a great buddy for her older father, who still hunts on occasion. They did not want to get him a puppy, for obvious reasons, and though a 5 year old dog would work out very well, they already have a 3 year old GSP so they know all about the breed.

I am very happy that he will finially have a loving home where he can spend the remainder of his days lying on a couch! (I just hope they do not let him put on too much weight, I had a hard time taking it off :D)

As I said before, I am posting some picks, first Woody when we first got him, bum dimples and all. Second was taken last week, you can see how much weight he has lost.

Frenchy
September 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Wow ! He's looking so much better ! Thanks to you :highfive: Congratulation on his adoption too :thumbs up That's a long way to travel to get a foster dog , they must be great people !

luckypenny
September 17th, 2007, 09:39 PM
That's really great news :thumbs up. You've done an awesome job caring for him (he looks so svelte :lovestruck:) until the right family came along. Thank you for for the update.

mummummum
September 18th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Speaking of "Holy cow" ~ he looks like he dropped one!! What an incredible difference in his form. Isn't that wonderful that he has been adopted ~ I hope he loves his new home in Newfoundland!