Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy on the doorstep

EdwinBird
September 17th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Yesterday when I got back from a walk in the park with Rio, I noticed a little beagle-mix puppy sitting on my doorstep. I live next to a very busy street, so I was pretty concerned this little guy would get hit. He's got one of those get me home tags, but unfortunately it looks like the number was never registered! Anyway, I took him to the local animal shelter to get his microchip scanned. Luckily he was recently adopted from animal control, so when they open today I'm going to take him and get his owner's contact info.

I know it's hard to imagine anyone dropping off a dog, but this guy's a little puppy and looking to be in great shape (very shiny coat). I'm betting someone's missing him.

Rio wasn't quite sure how to think about them (I didn't let them directly together since Rio's got some dog aggression issues - he's bitten puppies before!)

So far the puppy's only had 1 accident in the house (that I know of), I was expecting a lot more. It seems like a shame, though, that's get a get me home tag, but the number wasn't registered!

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 07:24 AM
poor little bugger! every time we have brought a pup home like that, they always seem so... lost. they sure miss their people.

-ashley

mummummum
September 18th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Any "happy ending" news on locating the owners yet?

EdwinBird
September 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I ended up getting the phone number of the owner - he lives pretty close to me. It turns out the little guy was missing for about 24 hours before I found him. Turns out he dug a hole under the fence and escaped. Back home now though! Which is good for me, because quite honestly, I'm not a big fan of puppies :D