Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Down Under scared again

Jim Hall
September 16th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I was in the kitchen last night and as i came back into the living room, D U was behind the door and as I opened the door I hit her withit ans she immediatly ran behind the dresser

When I got up this morning I fed her but she wont come near me now
Si i find myself sitng here crying Damn it we were doing so good too.

Winston
September 16th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I was in the kitchen last night and as i came back into the living room, D U was behind the door and as I opened the door I hit her withit ans she immediatly ran behind the dresser

When I got up this morning I fed her but she wont come near me now
Si i find myself sitng here crying Damn it we were doing so good too.

Hey Jim! Dont beat yourself up! I have 2 cats that were abused....One was worse than the other...My male cat would run and hide...pee on the spot...everytime he saw my husband...always looking for an escape route! He ran from him one day..jumped up on the screen windows..fell and hit a radiator...ended up dislocating his hip...then one day after 8 months he changed...he realised we would not hurt him I guess...he laid on the ground and exposed his belly for rubs and has changed completely since then! He is still very skiddish with noises but he is truly at peace now! 11 years later!

Patience and love..thats all you can do!

Cindy

:thumbs up

Cindy

Jim Hall
September 16th, 2007, 09:42 AM
yeah i know not beating my self up over it it's just the poor girl was doing so good,

Winston
September 16th, 2007, 09:49 AM
In time you wont remember the sad days!

Jim Hall
September 16th, 2007, 09:54 AM
thank you cindy your an :angel:

Winston
September 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hey Jim! how is DU now? has she relaxed a little?

Cindy

Jim Hall
September 16th, 2007, 07:15 PM
YeSS!!!! when I came back about 2 hrs ago she came trotting out and gives me a leg rub :cloud9:

My brave grrrlllll A typical jwish mom reaction this morning

The weather is turning colder and although I put a blanket on the floor at one of her safe places she still goes under the tv table to really sleep

though she will curl up beside me in the living room and doze

I am hoping that she will realise that my bed is sooo warm and cozy she wont be able to resisit. :cat:

Winston
September 16th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Jim..I found this really soft blanky that my girl likes.....you could try finding something like that and maybe put a little cat nip on it..put it on the floor and try to coax her on it...with lots ofpets or maybe even brushing if she likes that!! .Once she learns to like the blanky or bed ?? then move it up to your bed and make sure she sees you...try to coax her up...baby steps though...she will come up when you least expect it! probably in the middle of the night with a cold wet nose!! :laughing:

The other thing I found with my little scaredy cat Bomber is that I can not stand over him or above him....he doesnt respond but running away..I have to get down to his level (hard on the legs sometimes!!) and he will come over hunching everything around !!:laughing:

Cindy

Jim Hall
September 16th, 2007, 07:43 PM
i have tried a couple of beds and blankets she sleeps next to or moves it out of the way :wall: :laughing:

When i do my fall cleaning in few weeks am going to get peice of cat furniture and arrange things so she has a nice place to look out from my
bed room, maybe that will tempt her to be in there

As i said to Maria. tow items essential for happy catship is patience and tuna fish

mummummum
September 16th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Poor Jim and his elusive DU! She'll come around ~maybe not to the door again :D ~ don't sweat it, at least you have a door for and excuse I kicked Ceili in the face one day :eek: by accident of course, but all the same try explaining THAT one ~ to you all in due time with all the patience and love we know you have in your heart.

Jim Hall
September 16th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks

I used to kick the cat all the time !!! lol

blockhead wouild always get behind ya and you would never know he was there Of course at 24+ lbs you usually got hurt worse than him

mummummum
September 16th, 2007, 08:55 PM
24 pounds :eek:??? Are you sure he was a domestic cat and not an escapee from the zoo? :D

jiorji
September 16th, 2007, 08:57 PM
awww sorry to hear that JIm:(

I don't know what to suggest...just give him time..:shrug:

Jim Hall
September 16th, 2007, 09:10 PM
24 pounds :eek:??? Are you sure he was a domestic cat and not an escapee from the zoo? :D

AHh the saga of blockhead so named couse he"d bump his head on the screen door to make it rattle

My god daughter found him one morning when our lab stoner came running in yelping to beat the mand Lauren goes out and sees these two eyes glowering at her from under the porch stairs.

we put some food down and take care of stoner's bloody nose form the claw swipe. As we sit and watch this damn huge sianmise comes lurching
out and proceeds to ihale about 6 ozs of dog food before you we could blink . The poor guy was a mess had a bum back leg he smelled like a haz mat site we finally got him trapped and to the vet.

$500 dollrs later icluding a neuter and a shave ( our vet was the best and didnt mind forwarding a bill for a good cause} We brought him home and he camped out on the porch. Eventually he bonded with the boy upstairs and live a great life his fav toy was a billard ball he would send flying acrooss the big kitchen floor and chase

At least once a week someone would forget to bed it away beofre bed and 3am is not the time for bowling Never made friends woth the lab though