Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Should I be worried

jbsmomto1
September 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Laddie is almost 7 months old, something has him freaked right out. I thought it was a fly but now I'mnot so sure thats it.

he is not sick I'm certain of that, he is eating, playing and doing everything he normally does and should.

He wants to stay in my room or under my deak, every once in a while he will give a little yip and book it out to where i am and want to climb in my lap. he is shaking (but thats not uncommon for him) .

We had a storm today which he slept thru,
He had a bath
other than those 2 things nothing unusual happened today, well I did lave him him home 2x as opposed to the usual 1x but this started long before I left the 2nd time.

mummummum
September 14th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Can you explain a little more about why you thought it might have been a fly?

jbsmomto1
September 15th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Well because we do have a fly in the house, when he saw it he bolted to the bedroom, whenever he came out he was searching the ceilings for it, if it was there he would again bolt. If he was laying on my lap and it buzzed near him again he would bolt.

Should also add that even though I have not seen the fly for hrs he is still going on about it. Which has made me think its something else going on.

mummummum
September 16th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Well, that certainly is an odd reaction to a fly. My dogs just snap at them. But, if he has settled today ~ it probably was just the fly.

want4rain
September 16th, 2007, 07:53 PM
so Mister has this little tractor tire tied to a fairly thick rope.... the rope is probably 8 feet long with a handful of knots in it. when he goes outside first thing in the morning he walks past it, pointedly ignoring it. he will look EVERYWHERE but at the tire and the rope. it gets really comical when he leaves it on the porch.
after he has done his business, gotten a drink of water, checked our his area... THEN he does this crazy dog thing where he runs through the whole yard doing figure 8's with his tail ticked between his legs. as if that isnt weird enough... if he left the rope tire in the yard where he runs across it he yipes. if he left it on the porch, he zooms zooms zooms and then decides he wants to play with it... at that point where he is ready to play with it, he grabs it at the second to LAST knot and RUNS all over the place with the tire hitting his butt!! that dog runs for his life!! positive that tire is going to eat his tail!! i thought about painting flames on the tire (chuckles) but never really got around to it.

my rather long winded point is only that dogs are weird creatures. who knows why they are so weird but they are. it sounds like this is just your dogs weird thing. seems like everyone's dogs have weird things... one or two or five or six. :laughing:

make sure he is pooping, eating and drinking and peeing normally. the rest will work itself out. :o there are some mental disorders dogs can have. saw a show on an obsessive compulsive dog once. if its not causing either you or your lovie grief, i wouldnt worry so much. :pawprint:

-ashley