Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Haslam Creek Hike

JanM
September 13th, 2007, 07:40 PM
1. should we go over this thing?
2. it's a long way down there...
3. YES - we're almost there - we can do this!

Two very brave puppies!

wdawson
September 13th, 2007, 08:30 PM
oooh a suspension bridge.....does it sway back and forth?...cool pics

Frenchy
September 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
omg this is so funny ! Someone e-mail me today about her 2 goldens, how they went for a hike and it had the same kind of bridge , the goldens froze in the middle , wouldn't move at all and people had to wait for them to finally move to get thru , took a lot of coaxing :laughing: I can see yours didn't have that problem ! :thumbs up Good doggies !

breeze
September 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
very brave doggies, I could not even go on that bridge,:eek::eek: I would be scared to death

luckypenny
September 13th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I love that third shot. It looks like they're leaning on each other for moral support. I, myself, would have slid down one side and clawed my way up the other :o.

mummummum
September 13th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Must have been owee on their paw pads too!

But such brave doggies !! :eek:

otter
September 13th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Cool bridge and brave doggies:thumbs up! I'd have to get the dogs to drag me across (very scary):eek:.

TeriM
September 14th, 2007, 02:21 AM
I love that third shot. It looks like they're leaning on each other for moral support. I, myself, would have slid down one side and clawed my way up the other :o.

My thoughts exactly :D.

Lukka'sma
September 14th, 2007, 07:33 AM
OMG. A bridge:wall: a very high bridge, as if that isn't bad enough, do they have to make them so you can see through the walking area as well:eek:
My walking tour would have ended as soon as we came to the bridge, but I give you and the doggies credit for having the stones to cross over.

JanM
September 14th, 2007, 09:35 AM
oooh a suspension bridge.....does it sway back and forth?...cool pics

Yes, it does sway - I was in front and it started to sway when they were almost in the middle - they froze but, thank goodness, not for long - they figured there's only one way outa this mess so they continued on.

Very brave, good doggies for sure! I am so proud of those two :D

Rick C
September 14th, 2007, 09:40 AM
1. should we go over this thing?
2. it's a long way down there...
3. YES - we're almost there - we can do this!

Two very brave puppies!

Hahaha . . . that's pretty funny.

With Abby and Keeper, I know that suspension bridges aren't their favourite thing . . . . or walkways that they can see through like the Johnston Canyon hike near Banff where grated walkways stick out from the cliff and a boiling river is directly beneath them.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Love4himies
September 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM

Either that or they were trying to stay as far from the edge as they could. Such brave dogs!

rainbow
September 16th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Great pics. :thumbs up So did they have to cross it on the way back too? :o

chico2
September 16th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Rainbow,exactly what I was thinking of:laughing:
I would have had to crawl too,scary but beautiful,very brave doggies:thumbs up

JanM
September 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Great pics. :thumbs up So did they have to cross it on the way back too? :o

Yes - they had to cross it on the way back - they didn't freeze when it swayed on the way back though!

Smiley14
September 16th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Ohhh, that pic of them side by side in the middle of the bridge is AWESOME! LOL! Way too cute! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

rainbow
September 17th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Yes - they had to cross it on the way back - they didn't freeze when it swayed on the way back though!

Hey, they're real pros now. :D