Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat food

dtbmnec
September 13th, 2007, 03:59 PM
So mom asked a question of me and I didn't have the answer (le gasp), so now I ask you guys....

Can you freeze canned cat food after its been opened?

Like if you didn't want to feed the 1/4 can of Beef flavour everyday but decided to go with Beef, then Chicken, then Salmon, then Liver, then back to Beef?

Megan

chico2
September 13th, 2007, 04:56 PM
As long as you put it in a freezer bag,I cannot see any problem with it,of course you'd want to change the kitties menu;)

sugarcatmom
September 13th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Yup, canned food is fine when frozen. In fact, some people freeze canned in ice-cube trays and then leave a couple of the cubes out to thaw while they're at work so that the cats can have mid-day snacks.

dtbmnec
September 13th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Yup, canned food is fine when frozen. In fact, some people freeze canned in ice-cube trays and then leave a couple of the cubes out to thaw while they're at work so that the cats can have mid-day snacks.

Now THAT sounds like an awesome idea :)

Maybe they won't get as F-A-T on that type of diet ;)

Megan

Jim Hall
September 13th, 2007, 07:14 PM
wow i never thought of that!! Put a bag around em so they dont smelll up the freezer though

rainbow
September 15th, 2007, 03:35 PM

Excellent idea......thanks for the suggestion. :thumbs up

krdahmer
September 16th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Ice cube trays? Wow neato:thumbs up... I did that with the KMR when we were hand rearing some kittens, but never though of doing that with the wet cat food... it would work great for the stuff I make Palomine, right now I freeze it in small containers, about 2-3 servings, ice cubes would be perfect size! I imagine you could nuke them too right? My guys insist on their food being warmed.... I usually just add hot water, which adds more moisture too.