Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Question?

canada5858
September 13th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Am Claudia From Puerto Rico , I Have A Wonderful Coker Spaniel She Is 1 1/2 Years Old ,she Woke Up Today With Her Upper Lips Swollen I Tried To Check Her And She Wont Let Me ...she Let Me Know She Was Thirsty So A Gave Her The Usual Bowl Of Water That She Drinks During The Day And She Drank In All In 2 Min A Was Shocked She Usually Drinks That In A Day Or Two .
I Really Don't Know What To Think , Does Any One Have Any Ideas?

Winston
September 13th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Hi Am Claudia From Puerto Rico , I Have A Wonderful Coker Spaniel She Is 1 1/2 Years Old ,she Woke Up Today With Her Upper Lips Swollen I Tried To Check Her And She Wont Let Me ...she Let Me Know She Was Thirsty So A Gave Her The Usual Bowl Of Water That She Drinks During The Day And She Drank In All In 2 Min A Was Shocked She Usually Drinks That In A Day Or Two .
I Really Don't Know What To Think , Does Any One Have Any Ideas?

Hi Canada5858

Welcome to the forum! Is there a vet you could take her to? It could be an insect bite or a bee sting! I would be concerned about her thirst for water ? I think a vet visit may be in order!

Cindy

mummummum
September 13th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I agree with Winston ~ it sounds like a reaction to something venomous or toxic and I would be concerned about that much water intake at once. Let us know how you make out at the Vet!