Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toronto Humane Society

t.pettet
September 12th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Anyone know their policy on adopting a found dog in their shelter? Time frame etc? Couldn't find that info on their site. Thanks.

mummummum
September 13th, 2007, 12:06 PM
I don't I'm sorry but if you go to http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/about/contact_webmaster.asp:
you can send them an email. Fair warning ~ I emailed them once and it took a few weeks not a few days to get an answer.

t.pettet
September 16th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Frustrated!!! A found dog at the THS that needs a home. Has been there since Sept. 6 so where are his owners and why aren't they looking for him? E-mails not returned, I phoned and they won't disclose any info on said dog unless of course I am the one who lost him. He's not available for adoption yet and might never be! Have the perfect home for this little guy (senior, stay at home, etc.etc.) No point in driving all the way there for the same reaction. Thought they tried to find homes for all animals in their shelter so why this crappy response.

mummummum
September 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM
And they can't even tell you when he will move from "Found" to adoptable? THAT'S bizarre ~ one would think they would have a defined time frame like say, 30 days.

t.pettet
September 16th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Am curious if he's showing aggressive or overly timid reactions and what sort of behaviour testing is he being put through, if any. Can't get any answers at all.

mummummum
September 16th, 2007, 10:14 PM
No, I gather they are pretty tight-lipped. I remember a story told by a new member who turned in a dog to an HS whose owner was going away for the weekend, left the dog in the care of friend who didn't turn up then basically never came back. The member, despite being the one who called the HS for assistacne couldn't get any info out them afterwards. I wonder if you emailed them and told them you are interested in the dog and ask that they notify you when they are oput the dog out for adoption whether they would do it.

t.pettet
September 16th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Wish I knew someone affiliated with THS but will e-mail again (3rd time) questing notice or phone call if he does go up for adoption. Don't know any other avenues!

mummummum
September 16th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Too bad somebody doesn't know Tre Smith :D

wdawson
September 16th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Wish I knew someone affiliated with THS but will e-mail again (3rd time) questing notice or phone call if he does go up for adoption. Don't know any other avenues!

sorry.....i know its frustrating...trust me i know...keep trying though.
i think its all timing....right place , right time.:rolleyes: