Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

PetSmart Graduation

H.P.
September 12th, 2007, 10:10 PM
We haven't been around a whole lot lately, but we have been busy with our beginner ob class at PetSmart. I had some reservations about going to class there, but after meeting with the instructor, and having her evaluate Sydney, I did it. I did learn a few things, but over all was a little disappointed. I was the only one in the class of 5 that did not end up using a Gentle Leader, it was really pushed, and not a training tool, but as a permanent solution, getting off of it was not mentioned (except by me:evil:). I will take what I learned, and continue training on my own, we might go back for an intermediate class later, but I don't think we are ready for it yet. Anyway, here is the proud graduate (who hated the hat)

TeriM
September 13th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Congrats, what a cute pup :lovestruck:. I have heard quite a few negative reviews of the pet-smart training classes. I believe they are very much a basic "cookie-cutter" formula and the instructors do not have the knowledge base to work with a variety of dogs.

But .... it's a great first step and I'm glad to hear that you plan to continue with further training :thumbs up.

allymack
September 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM
congrats on the pup, but you should definately try to find a school that has a more individual plan, so it can help your dog...if he has any specific problems, that is the kind of school i go to, very helpful...i dont know if we are allowed to post like school names...(incase its like advertsing or somethig) but that is what i suggest:)

mummummum
September 13th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Congrats on your graduation !!

Ford Girl
September 14th, 2007, 10:18 AM
woo hoo!!!! Congrats!!! :thumbs up