Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help!

tasha200
September 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I am new to this forum. I have a 7 year old female tabby who is in good health. Lately she has been losing hair on her tummy and the pink is quite noticeable with teats exposed. This is a reasonably recent situation.
My question is.... Is this normal. Her annual checkup is not for another 6 months and this has occurred in the last two months.
Your responses would be much appreciated

Thank you

mummummum
September 13th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Welcome to pets.ca Tasha200!

A certain amount of thinning can be considered normal but there are a number of conditions including allergies and sensitivities, stress, alopecia which lead to hair loss.

Myself, I would rather a quick check-up at the Vet to ease my mind, than spend alot of time worrying.

kinglaura
September 15th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Hello Tash200,

I agree that an earlier visit to the vet makes sense. She may be having a reaction to a household cleaner being used or may have the beginning of developing an allergy to something in the environment. Loosing hair and redness is a sign of inflammation. My suggestion would be to have it checked out as it may be something that can be caught early before it becomes too irritating to your cat.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Laura