Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

greenies

allymack
September 12th, 2007, 07:18 PM
ok well i found a website that offers a free sample of greenies dental chews...and i was wondering if i am allowed to post about this..? if any one knows and they could answer it would be great( they also have many other free samples of things for your pets...) :)

bekka_1
September 12th, 2007, 09:27 PM
what is the website....i dont know if you can post about this either but oh well. lol:laughing:

sugarcatmom
September 12th, 2007, 09:37 PM
You might want to check this out: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2966803 before you feed your dog Greenies, they've been implicated in some deaths.

Shaykeija
September 13th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Sophie and Missie ate these all time. Sophie swallowed one whole. I was lucky she barfed it up 2 days later still intact and hard. I called the company and they said in 80 % of the dogs it was fine. I told them until they correct this bad product I will not be purchasing this stuff again. They offered me greenies for my cat. The guy would need a proctologist to get it out of where I told him to stick it. I can hardly wait until they get their colons sued off...
:wall::wall:

allymack
September 13th, 2007, 07:18 AM
ok, well after reading that article and hearing what happened to you dog, shaykeija, i am not oging to be feeding that to enzo...dont wantanythign happening to him, thanks alot guys!!!:thumbs up

want4rain
September 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
80%?!?! seriously?!?! 20% of all companion pets is pretty freeking huge!!

my vet strongly suggested against greenies and rawhides or only rawhides when we baked them hard again, to not let him EAT rawhides.... we feed raw meety bones now LOL!! thankfully we dont worry about it now!

-ashley

Ford Girl
September 13th, 2007, 05:00 PM
My vet and a nutistionist told me that anything with green dye in it is read as toxic in a dogs system, and the body will try and get rid of it as quickly as possible. I was told not to feed anything artifically colored green. Just what I heard peeps. :shrug: