Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat urinates on my SON!!

lbolo
September 12th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Has anyone had a cat that likes to urinate on PEOPLE? I have a one year old Rag Doll (Mischa) that will jump on my 7 year old son when he's on the couch and pee on him!!! There are 6 of us in the family and she "belongs" to the 17 year old girl. But she only pees on the little boy. Mischa also likes to pee on laundry and bags if they are on the mud room floor. We also have a one year old mixed breed that does not have any improper habits but I'm worried the scent of urine in the wrong places my give her ideas!!

krdahmer
September 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
The scent most definitely will. You have to be very thorough when cleaning it up. Are your cats spayed? Has the one that is peeing been seen by a vet? There could be something going on like a UTI if this is happening often. If she is peeing on laundry and the scent is still on your sons clothes that could also explain it. Your best bet is to see a vet and then use a pet odor removal product in the laundry and in places she has peed.

Also it is recommended to have one MORE litter box than you have cats, so how many are you using now? It could be as simple as adding another box.

lbolo
September 12th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the advice, they are both spayed. Mischa has been seen by a vet. She has been doing this ever since we got her a year ago and it's only occassionally, not even every week. We have two large litter boxes (they are actually bins that cement is mixed in - but they were new, never used for construction) They are roomier and cleaner because the sides are higher - not so much comes out of the boxes.

This cat does act like she hasn't been spayed, she has even pushed out a 2nd floor screen and jumped to escape at night!! (But she had a scar and shaved belly so we know she was spayed)

CyberKitten
September 12th, 2007, 07:05 PM
If she does not have a uti (infection), it may be she likes the softness of the little boy's clothes and the laundry and she has become accustomed to doing her thing there now and so is used to it.The rule of thumb is one litter box per cat plus one. So I assume you have two - andf that she can get to them. Perhaps she does not like the litter? I would check that - and make sure she has access to her box, that it's in an area that give sher privacy (cats can be fickle about litter boxes.)

Good luck!!! This is in all likelihood just a habit you will need to change by positive reinforcement. Reward her when she goes in the litter boxes! (but make sure all is well with them first of course!)