Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Barking Neighbor Dog Update

want4rain
September 12th, 2007, 07:59 AM
i dont know if you all remember but we had a huge problem with the neighbors dogs barking at us anytime something happened on our side of the fence? we made a few weeks of complaints to animal control and then poof, no more barking dogs.

celebrate right? nope. come to find out AC would have to notify us if they spoke with the neighbor but we havent heard from them at all. turns out she was laid off from her job so she is home all the time now.

go figure, all they needed was a bit more attention.

its been a few weeks and still no signs of barking dogs. i feel bad she was laid off but deep down inside?? im happy we have some peace. i assume it will resume when she starts working again. i hope thats a long way down the road or she has decided to retire. i have genuinely been a happier person.

-ashley

ancientgirl
September 12th, 2007, 09:07 AM
I don't blame you for being happy. Hearing a barking dog constantly can really get on your nerves. I'm also happy the dog is getting some attention.

mummummum
September 12th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Justed curious Wanted4rain ~ did you call AC to find out they haven't been to your neighbours and are supposed to call you if they do attend, or is this policy something you've heard elsewhere? the reason I ask is that when I reported a muzzle violation (the owner of the dog who bit me thinks she is bove the law:frustrated:) I was told I had to call Animal Control after seven days to find out if they attended and spoke with the owner.

want4rain
September 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
i did call them, there is a representative for our area i wanted to speak with. i asked him if he could call us when he spoke to our neighbor, he asked for a more detailed report of the next complaints i had, which i have handy but chose not to bring in because shortly after i made the first round, she was laid off.

i dont know if it is policy or not but i know the officer for our area said he would call us. ive been meaning to follow up with it but been busy (you know, cant leave the house while babies are sleeping and ill be if he doesnt sleep all the stinkin time!!!)

-ashley

mummummum
September 13th, 2007, 11:08 AM
That's a pretty co-operative ACO you have there then !

EdwinBird
September 17th, 2007, 07:39 AM
My neighbor's dog barks most of the time when I go outside in the yard. Not too big of a deal for me - except that when I talk with the neighbor she'll sort of suggest that it's my fault. She'll say stuff like, "yeah, Skippy saw you late last night and woke me up, what were you doing up at that hour?"

It's nice that dog is getting more attention - hopefully the owner works out a way to give it the attention it needs while still having a job.

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM
she has suggested that my husband came ON her property and thats why her dog started barking at us. you know, like dogs dont start barking at a year old all on their own. *sigh* it still boils my blood to think of her suggesting my husband is a peeping tom or something. like who would want to look at her old wrinkly body. can we say narcissistic?

we have been saying something for a few years now and nothing has been done about it. i dont think she is going to just decide we have a right to peace on our property and train her dog correctly.

thanks though. :) i dont know how you can take a dog barking at you all the time. personally.... im done with neighbors. we plan on getting 15 acres somewhere and putting our house as in the middle as possible.

-ashley

kiara
September 17th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Did you talk to your neighbors first and told them about your concerns? I am sure that their dogs were barking and annoying you and others! There are a lot of people that openly break the law. There is a nice way to resolve neighbor conflicts, than going behind their back and reporting them! I don't neighbor because of people like you who also reported me, the same way (but over another issue). And I will never neighbor again. Just because they are idiots you don't have to be.

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM
kiara- here is a link to the first thread i made about this... we have tried and tried and tried everything except annoying her back.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42133

-ashley

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 03:24 PM
There are a lot of people that openly break the law. There is a nice way to resolve neighbor conflicts, than going behind their back and reporting them! I don't neighbor because of people like you who also reported me, the same way (but over another issue). And I will never neighbor again. Just because they are idiots you don't have to be.

i dont mean to be rude but please know the whole story before being rude yourself. we have spent two years agonizing over this situation, taken every road possible thats legal before turning to Animal Control. we didnt just whimsically decide to take that step. she has yelled, screamed and without reason accused my husband, who might i add is a perfect model citizen, of trespassing onto her property and threatened to call her lawyer because we were 'inciting' her dogs to bark by walking our dog within eye sight of HER dogs.

she has been unrealistically unreasonable and down right rude to us and we STILL made efforts to take care of this problem without AC.

-ashley

kara1
September 17th, 2007, 04:25 PM
way to go Rain, we have neighbors just like yours they let the dogs wander wherever they like, do there jobs on our lawns, its just annoying. when we first moved to our home we had an baby and we were outside and he was sleeping in his stroller the dogs were just sitting there growling at my son. Weve talked to them and nothing helps. my other neighbour is also getting tired of them he picked up all there duties and put them on his front porch.:laughing: