Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sad Day

want4rain
September 11th, 2007, 03:11 PM
regardless of cynicism, conspiracy theories, religious beliefs or current location... its a rare American who doesnt take a moment to lament these losses.

its the 6th anniversary and there is still so much sadness.

we can rail and yell and protest any other day of the year but not this one. this is one for mourning senseless death.

-ashley

krdahmer
September 12th, 2007, 12:39 AM
:sad: I don't think I'll ever forget where I was or what I was doing that day. I had called a friend to see if she was ready to head over the river, and she told me to turn on the tv, I did just in time to see the second hit. I don't think I'll ever forget what we and the world all watched that day. It was horrifying.

And those of us living in border towns are still suffering for the insanity that day.

You don't have to be American to feel the loss and suffering of 9-11, just human.

:pray::rip::usa::ca::grouphug:

chico2
September 12th, 2007, 07:04 AM
The horror of that day,is forever imprinted in my head,I will never,ever forget the feeling of disbelief,helplessness I felt and the sorrow for the murder of 3000 innocent human beeings:usa::ca::candle:

want4rain
September 12th, 2007, 07:05 AM
last year my daughter asked me why all the flags were low.

i dont think anyone will forget where they were that day. :(

-ashley

clm
September 12th, 2007, 07:38 AM
I'll never forget that day. I was in a meeting when the plane hit the first tower. They had a TV set up in one of the meeting rooms for something else, so we switched the channel to see what had happened and saw the second plane come in. One of the most horrible things I've ever seen. Then watching the towers collapse, it was like a scene from another world. I can't believe how in the name of religion, people can have such scant regard for life. I can still see all those images from the TV in my mind like it was yesterday. Something I'm sure anyone who saw will never forget. My heart goes out to all who lost loved ones during that horrible day.

Cindy

joeysmama
September 12th, 2007, 04:45 PM
I live near New York City. Everyone who lives in this area knows and/or loves someone who lives or works in the city.

My daughter was in high school and they called all the students into the auditorium to tell them before the news could leak out. They dismissed them to go back to class asking the children who had parents in the city (many actually worked in the towers) to stay and they would help them try to reach their parents, or call relatives to come and take them home to wait for news. My daughter told me that it was horrible to walk past all of those kids who were staying in their seats.

Later that day when I went to pick up my daughter there was a boy on the stairwell with a teacher and he was panic stricken over not being able to reach his parents.

Two of the children lost their mother in the tower.

A man in our church lost his brother, a young man with a family.

Another friend who worked at the stock exchange said they were immediately put in lock down the moment the second plane hit, fully expecting to be a target. When they left it was arm in arm becaue they couldn't see for the dust and debris. They tripped over bodies on their way to safety.

Eleven hours later when he finally was able to get home he turned onto his street, saw the lights on his house and began to cry.

My sisters in law were in the city to see a tv show being taped. They heard that something had happened and the show wasn't being done but they werent near a tv and the news was just breaking. They saw a policeman loading blood into an emergency vehicle. They asked him what was going on and when he turned around tears were pouring down his face.

My son was away at college. Liberty College in Virginia. There's a giant American flag painted across the football field. Thankfully the chancellor immediately put the students in lockdown.

I was in the city the other day. They wouldn't let us in the parking garage until they searched our trunk. They don't do that all the time. But from time to time the wait at the tunnel is longer and there is a sense that security is even tighter. I love New York and I'm never afraid walking on the streets there. But I no longer like parking garages where you have to drive below ground. I only go to the ones that take my car on the street level. I am very creeped out below ground now.

Anyway, I'm just venting. Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a sad American.:candle:

want4rain
September 12th, 2007, 05:01 PM
:grouphug::grouphug:

i know. i feel the same way, just didnt want to get on a forum somewhere (as warm as it is here!!!) and ball my eyes out. as is i saw all of the flags half down and had to pull over and ball my eyes out. *wan smile*

i probably would have been better coming here and doing it huh?

:grouphug::grouphug:

:candle:

dtbmnec
September 12th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Sad to say, but it opened up my world a little....:(

I started really realizing that there was so much more going on in the world than what I was paying attention to.

It also hadn't really hit me until I went home for lunch. You see, we didn't go into lockdown, nor did we know ANYTHING about it until lunchtime. Just before lunch the secretary came on the P.A. and said that the towers had fallen.

I had simply "dismissed' it, thinking that it was actually some long low building that had collapsed and that there were likely several HUNDRED deaths. I hadn't realized then yet what it really meant.

10 minutes later and I come home to dad gaping at the TV, the two workmen (they were fixing our roof) talking about it. I couldn't see the TV at first and was like "oh dad this happened" and he's like I know, I'm watching it! After seeing the footage....:( I was shocked...saddened...completely uncomprehending of what happened. Guilty over my "nonchalance" from the announcement....*sigh*

It wasn't a good day.....

Megan

want4rain
September 13th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Megan,

its hard thinking outside of your own world... we tend to get this tunnel vision with things. dont beat yourself up over it.

you wanna know what Chris' mom said to his dad??

'Joe, how did you find a Steven Segal movie on THIS early??"

even worse?? its her birthday. :o

-ashley