Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dazy's vet appt!

Ford Girl
September 11th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Well guys, it looks as tho Dazy's ears are yeast free!!! You have no idea how happy we are to see this!!! :highfive:

It's been on going since February, several different meds were tried, daily drops and cleaning, yucky sticky matted fur around her ear from the meds, on going costs for rechecks and new meds...2 complete ear probes with a biopsy type removal of the yeast, testing, possible perminent damage to her ears.....they tested her this morning and it's all gone, not 1% yeast!!! WOO HOO! :thumbs up

I had asked the vet this morning to check her for flees cuz she's been itchy in places I don't usually see her scratch but her skin looks fine to me, no change in diet or anything like that...and he said she was clear, but gave her ADVANTAGE Multi treatment on the skin on her back, apparently this treats all kinds of worms and bugs...I asked him if there were any side effects or concerns with the treatment and he said no. Have any of you used this, good...bad, any thoughts? He said that he will give her the same treatment next May when the warm weather hits, and throughout the summer months.

She weighed in at a wopping 68.7 lbs this morning, she will be one year old on Saturday!! She has gained 12lbs since mid-July, huge growth spurt! She's a big girl now!!! :cloud9: We start agility on October 1st too!!! I am so pumped for that, I miss taking her to class.

TeriM
September 11th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Great news :thumbs up. Have you done a recent food switch?

I've used Advantage before and it was fine. I actually prefer to only give as few doses as I can get away with personally because of course they are insecticides. I haven't really had much of a flea issue here so mine usually only get one (possible two) doses just in the summer.

Check out the threads on coconut oil. It is awesome for yeast issues (great preventitive :thumbs up).

Ford Girl
September 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Great news :thumbs up. Have you done a recent food switch?

I've used Advantage before and it was fine. I actually prefer to only give as few doses as I can get away with personally because of course they are insecticides. I haven't really had much of a flea issue here so mine usually only get one (possible two) doses just in the summer.

Check out the threads on coconut oil. It is awesome for yeast issues (great preventitive :thumbs up).

Nope, not recent, when we got her she was eating crap, then we changed to Nutro, she was so flakey and itchy, we switched to Orijen when she was 4 months old, with some Evo mixed in, she eats hardly any grain. No new treats, no new shampoo or lawn care product, nothing I can think of...he didn't find anything when he looked at her. Her skin looks normal too. Strange. BUT...she is on the last bits of the puppy formula and I had to adjust her intake recently due to the runs - the puppy stuff was all of a sudden too much, she went from 3.75 cups back down to 3 cups to regulate her poops....this time next week she will be on adult formula.

Coconut oil eh, where can one find such a thing? I will check it out. Thanks!!