Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Curious Squirrel checking out the kitties...

chico2
September 11th, 2007, 07:49 AM
wondering when his brekki-peanuts will be served:laughing:
The last pic,Vinnie and Chico are posing..

Love4himies
September 11th, 2007, 08:19 AM
I like the first pic, I can just imagine what is going through the cats' heads as they are salivating : "damn that screen, why are there so many obstructions in this world?"

growler~GateKeeper
September 12th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Chico2 were any of them "talking/chattering" to the squirrel?

Several years ago when Duffy was younger & a little less chubby :D one morning she was sitting on top of the very very narrow gate & the back of my parents yard when along came a grey squirrel running along the top of the same gate Duffy didn't move....they came within 1/2 an inch of touching noses!!! The silly squirrel then couldn't figure out how to turn around so s/he scampered down the 6 1/2~7 foot gate to the alley & continued on back up the next pole & along the wires :D

Not to long after, Mischief was stalking a squirrel in the neighbour's yard (no she did not catch it) & Duffy was watching this & got real ticked @ her for chasing the squirrel! :D don't know if it was the same one or not but the squirrel was Duffy's buddy

chico2
September 12th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Growler,my guys are a little blase with squirrels:laughing:there are sooo many around..
Vinnie will chase them and will stop just short of attacking it,I don't think they really know what to do,the Squirrels are too big,which is a good thing.
I would not want them to catch anything from them,or hurt them.
However,they chatter a lot at birds:cat:

Crestedcrazy
September 12th, 2007, 12:18 PM
awww how cute, bet they could just watch and wait for hours :)

Lukka'sma
September 14th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Very cute Chico. I love to put peanuts etc out for the squirrels too. I always take some with me on my hikes with Lukka and leave them around the trails for all the little woodland creatures to enjoy:D. During the winter months I add walnut pieces and sunflower seeds into the mix cause I think they need a bit extra:laughing:

rainbow
September 16th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Your kitties always look so laid back. :cloud9:

krdahmer
September 18th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Too cute:lovestruck:.... and thats what I forgot when I was out today peanuts!!!

I love the chattering when they get excited about something outside!

chico2
September 19th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Dahmer,the Squirrels are our warningsignals,they always let us know,even Rocky knows,if there is a strange cat outside.
As soon as I hear the Squirrels complaining,I go outside and shoo away whoever is there,knowing how Rocky reacts to strange kitties in HIS yard.
Of course,if it was a cat in trouble I would help him,but it's usually a cat I know from the neighborhood.