Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Life's little pleasures...

JanM
September 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Today I found a laundromat that has HUGE machines and they welcome dog beds and horse blankets! WOW ...

I've been cleaning the dog's beds with a bucket of warm water and a brush and, while it got the some of surface stuff mostly off, it was darn hard work and didn't really get all the dirt out.

Today is a good day - the doggies both have squeaky clean beds!

mummummum
September 10th, 2007, 06:44 PM
That's a treat! What do you use ~ the gentle cycle? My covers are removable but I think I could wash one of the beds (the other one is solid foam) without it falling apart or getting all clumpy. Did you put tennis balls in the dryer? That's what I do with my duvet to keep it from getting clumpy.

JanM
September 10th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I didn't put a thing in the washer or dryer except scent-free soap. Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who reads the labels afterwards.... and, um, yup - one of the pillows gave way at one end from the dryer. I sewed it up with waxed thread so it's about 2" shorter now - but its clean!!!

The pillows have a fabric that isn't to be put in a dryer but other than that, all is well - the whole beds had to go in the washer and they do look pretty nice, I must say...

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I hope Bobby and Amber appreciate all their mummy does for them! :dog: :dog:

Spankin' clean like-brand-new bedding! :cloud9: Which reminds me, I really should wash the hairy dog nest covers tomorrow! :o

breeze
September 10th, 2007, 09:42 PM
ooooooooooo I just love clean squeeky beds and pillows.. It make the whole house feel good.. :cloud9: