Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What The Heck!!

want4rain
September 9th, 2007, 10:11 PM
is up with our cats???!!!

a few years ago Hunter decided he would meow and caterwall while i went potty. its faded away and thats nice. i can poo in peace. he did and still hangs out on the side of the tub when we shower.

at one point about 6 months after that Shadow went to scratching at the door if we were in the shower, going potty... any reason to shut the door. so we leave the door open a crack.

last year Baby Girl decided she wanted in on the potty deal so when my husband goes in the front hall she noses the door open (hitting him in the butt with it) and peeks.

NOW FRANCES IS DOING IT!!!

UG!!! :confused::o:yuck:

-ashley

want4rain
September 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM
oh, did i mention that Mister gets in the shower with us?? :wall:

-ashley

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2007, 10:33 PM
everyone hates a closed door :D do they do that if you go in & close the bedroom door?

maybe they the sound of running water to stimulate them do have to go? I've heard some people used to do that when potty training kids - turn the taps on to hear the sound of water running makes them have to go :shrug:

Mister in the shower huh? :sorry: :laughing::laughing: @ least you have a clean dog that likes bath time :D

want4rain
September 9th, 2007, 10:41 PM
no no no growler, the come in if the door is opened or closed.... its the IN part!! its almost like they take turns monitoring us in the loo.

Mister on the other hand is a very dirty dog who likes baths. i think he makes it a point to go roll around in the dust in the side yard so he can get baths. convinced. couldnt tell me other wise!!

-ashley

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2007, 10:46 PM
they've been sent to spy on you to make sure you are following the proper canine/feline etiquette of self grooming, using only appropriate places to relieve oneself & they feel the need to supervise cuz you haven't yet turned into a cat or a dog - they are waiting to see which one you all are :D

plus they have a captive audience there's only one way outta that room!

Mister wants his very own doggie pool :cloud9:

shredy
September 9th, 2007, 11:05 PM
That's so funny, Shade used to push the door open with her nose and rest her head in my lap. Every morning she would come in and I would wipe the eye buggers from the corners of her eyes and then she would leave... I actually grew to love her intrusions. :pawprint:

mummummum
September 9th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I can sympathize Ashley. I have the world's smallest bathroom and three dawg's who like to make sure I am completely aware of their existence at each and every moment of my waking life and that includes time spent on the loo. My loo experience is not complete unless I have patted each on the head at least once and assured them that we will/ will not be going out directly afterwards. And, while no one rushes to get into the shower with me, I most always have big noggins nosing around the curtain to see or do what I'm not sure. Quality assurance testing? Water quality check? Soap sudsiness alerts ? :rolleyes:

want4rain
September 10th, 2007, 08:00 AM
i think Mister just *HAS* to share the water. you know that feeling that comes over a dog when they get wet? then they let loose a huge shake that soaks anyone near by?? same thing. he thinks WE want to share the water but we dont have proper fur so we have use a sprayer to get the water to fly out?? and Chris and i share the water, why wouldnt we want to share it with him? :rolleyes:

Jeffrey is potty training soon so he is in the bathroom too. he keeps flushing the potty on me. *sigh*

good thing CHRIS never looks!! we draw. the. line. there. period.

-ashley

Love4himies
September 10th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Haven't been able to go to the bathroom in peace since 1991. Snowball would go crazy if I was in a room and he wasn't so either no closed doors or make sure he was in the bathroom with me, Puddles requires her brushing while I am in the bathroom. My cat, Jasper, well he is the funniest, he is so big he puts his front paws on my lap to get his chin rub, and then has to do an inspection on everything while it is getting flushed. He finds it so fascinating :eek:.

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Boy, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I've taken to just leaving the door open when I go to the bathroom. I live alone anyway, so I figure, if they want to see the show, let them LOL. Heck, sometimes when I'm upstairs they decide they need a bathroom break too. I guess the family that poos together stays together.

The Dynamic Duo also like hanging out while I shower. Oksana mainly lays on the counter, but Vlad sits on the toilet and paws at the shower door meowing. When I get out, he goes and jumps into the shower. LOL, Oksana would do the same except I shut the door and just let Vlad in there alone. I don't need to chase two wet kitties around the apartment.

krdahmer
September 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Boy, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I guess the family that poos together stays together.

The Dynamic Duo also like hanging out while I shower. .

:laughing:
Cats do seem to be fascinated with the bathroom.... we just gave up and leave the door open when we go (sans company of course-when its just us and the kitties). Fagan and Asker come in every time I go to get a few licks from the faucet, and Asker kind of gets her 'me' time there as with 6 and her being the last to arrive, she had to fit in where there was space, and at potty time she has a captive audience I guess! :rolleyes: Buddy also likes to get in between the liner and shower curtain and make sure I don't miss any spots when showering...he peeks his head in once in a while, but none of them have any interest in joining me or getting wet!

And here, we had to teach Hubby how to put the lid down, as I was unable to teach the girls NOT to drink outta the toilet!:yuck::laughing:

My guests always get a kick out of the cheering squad camped out by the door when they emerge from the 'throne'!!!:laughing:

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I've learned to open and shut the lid very quickly and sit down and get up fast! When I first got Vlad, the little guy jumped up on the seat just after I opened it and fell head first into the toilet. Oksana did the same, but she fell butt first.

The other day they learned to open the bathroom cabinets, so now I have to buy child safety locks LOL.

Tigremyangel
September 12th, 2007, 02:21 AM
I am enjoying reading these responses to potty-ing with the pets! My sweet Tigre (RIP) always had to be in there getting attention and affection but these two new additions Bethany and Sebastian well! Sebastian, without fail, is always on my lap and half the Bethany is too. Because they're still kittens, I have to fend them off the toilet roll (I've gone through about 4 this month alone) because in one second flat, they've got it completely unrolled and in their mouths. GRRRRRR!

want4rain
September 12th, 2007, 07:02 AM
My guests always get a kick out of the cheering squad camped out by the door when they emerge from the 'throne'!!!

nice! how many households can boast a potty cheering squad???

-ashley

chico2
September 12th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I am actually a the point where I would put in a kitty-hatch in the bathroom-door:cat:
First thing in the morning,when I stumble in to the bathroom,I have all 3 cats with me,with the"come on with brekki already don't sit on the toilet"-look..
Through the day it's usually Vinnie who wants to come in the BR,he plunks himself down on the BR-carpet for a bellyrub.
Hubby will not have a cat in the BR,while he sits on HIS throne doing crossword:shrug:but Vinnie is usually waiting at the door....:cat:
They are weird little creatures,with many strange habits(the cats not hubbies:laughing:well...hmmm)

Love4himies
September 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Hubby will not have a cat in the BR,while he sits on HIS throne doing crossword:shrug:but Vinnie is usually waiting at the door....:cat:

Same with my husband.