Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy is sick

sonia12
September 9th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Hi my name is Sonia we just bought a puppy sept1 and he been in the animal clinic since sept 4 he been vomiting and has diarhea he not eating either and he on 4 different medication they did the parvo and giardia test and they were negative does anyone have any other option the vet has no clue what it could be

kinglaura
September 9th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Where did you pick up your puppy? I would be curious to find out if any of the other dogs he was exposed to are ill. If you bought him from a pet store they may have reported complaints from other animals that were purchased there. If your puppy came from a breeder they need to disclose potential diagnosis of other animals in the breeders home or kennel. A shelter can look up history of the pets health in the shelter and if they were exposed to other sick animals.

Luckily, your puppy is with a vet so they can ensure it does not get dehydrated and can run further tests. Sometime a puppy can become lethargic, vomiting, and diarrhea from dehydration which exhibits like "being sick" but can really be associated with their delicate bodies not responding to thirst adequately.

My heart is with you. I know how hard it is to watch your pet be sick.

mummummum
September 10th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Welcome to pets.ca ! I'm sorry to hear your puppy is sick but it's good to know he is getting supportive medical care. The one thing to bear in mind with parasites and testing is that parasites shed on a cycle and don't always show up on a first test. Please keep us updated on your puppy's progress!

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Welcome, Sonia! I'm sorry to hear your puppy is sick. :grouphug: I hope there's some improvement now? :goodvibes:

Yes, please keep us posted on his progress. :fingerscr that you've gotten good news from the vet!

sonia12
September 13th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Just to let you all know Tum Tum my puppy died on monday the 10th. They think some kind of virus but they don't know which one.

crazydays
September 13th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Hi Sonia 12-

You must feel heartbroken. What a sad end to all this. Words cannot express how bad I feel for you. Sorry.

Lukka'sma
September 13th, 2007, 03:43 PM
That poor poor puppy, so sorry for your loss

hazelrunpack
September 13th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Sonia. :grouphug: You did the best you could for your little guy. You're in my thoughts and prayers. :candle:

mummummum
September 13th, 2007, 10:15 PM
What a shame Sonia, you have my condolences ~ :candle:

kinglaura
September 15th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Hello Sonia,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you were doing all that you could. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Laura