Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kinglaura
September 9th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been reading the postings here for a number of months and finally decided that I should join and say hello and thanks you for the wonderful postings on this site.

I have a 10 year old cat who I adopted as a kitten named Jade, and a new addition a 1 year old sheltie who moved in 2 months ago named Colby.

Looking forward to your input.

Laura

kinglaura
September 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been reading the postings here for a number of months and finally decided that I should join and say hello and thanks you for the wonderful postings on this site.

I have a 10 year old cat who I adopted as a kitten named Jade, and a new addition a 1 year old sheltie who moved in 2 months ago named Colby.

Looking forward to your input.

Laura

sugarcatmom
September 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Welcome to pets.ca, Laura! Of course you probably know about the mandatory picture policy here ;), so cough 'em up!

How do Jade and Colby get along together? Are they still adjusting or are they best buds yet?

mummummum
September 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the board Laura ! Sounds like you have a wonderful little family there. Has anyone given you the mandatory-upon-pain-of-nosehair-plucking provision of pix spiel yet? :laughing:

kinglaura
September 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the welcoming wishes.

Jade, my 10 year old grey tabby, has been exposed to many dogs over the years by as my parents have 2 boston terriers and my brother had a corgi (she recently passed away at 14 yrs) and he now has a pomeranian. She has let Colby move in, but she is still teaching him that she is the alpha in the family. Luckily, Colby is extremely timid and is quite happy with her having this role.

All in all, except for when Colby try's to herd her... we are all trying to learn a new routine. :)

Promise to post a pic as soon as I figure out how!

Laura

hazelrunpack
September 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the board, kinglaura! I hope you figure out how to post pics soon--I can't wait to see Colby and Jade! :D

want4rain
September 9th, 2007, 10:25 PM
all hail King Laura! welcome to pets.ca!! :)

-ashley