Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat vommitting white liquid.

Lunacara
September 9th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I have a cat around the age of 19 years old. She is an active cat. Recently, she has started vomitting a thin, white liquid. At first, I thought it was just a random occurance (after I cleaned it up.) The next day, she did it again, this time I thought I should keep an eye on her, maybe the two were connected. Two days later, coming to today, she vomits twice in one minute. This is now causing me concern and I feel it may have some severity, enough to warrant AT LEAST a call to the vet. Unfortunately, it is 10:09pm here. I called all five vets in the area, including the emergency numbers, but no response. I am going to try contacting in the morning, but at the same time, keep a close eye on my cat.

My cat is still acting normal (thank goodness to say the least). She is eating enough and taking in plenty of fluids. Due to her age, we let her out twice a day.

I have a feeling that she might have some sort of a sickness due to her old age, and that will be the first question I will ask the vet after I explain the situation. I would; however, like to see some possible explanations as to why she is vomitting. She has only started doing this and I intend on speaking to the veterinarian about this, any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Lunacara
:ca:

badger
September 9th, 2007, 02:15 AM
I would take her to the vet asap. Any changes in the health/behaviour of old cats need immediate attention because they are at increased risk for chronic conditions and other more catastrophic events.
Please have a blood panel done (the vet will probably suggest it). It will give you a good idea of her general health and hopefully identify the current problem.
The vomiting could have any number of origins, from food intolerance to problems with her liver.
Good luck. Please update when you've seen the vet.

TeriM
September 9th, 2007, 03:27 AM
So what did your vet say? Hoping for good news :goodvibes:.

mummummum
September 9th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Due to her age, we let her out twice a day.

Do you think she may have come into contact with something toxic (chemical or plants) or feces from another animal or another animal itself while outside ?