Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

12 cats in my house

Love4himies
September 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I have to brag, I have 12 cats in my house:eek:! Two of my own, a foster momma and her seven kittens and my two Grandkitties :D! :lovestruck:!!

Momma and her kittens have to stay isolated because she was a stray and no bloodwork has been done on her yet so she is not allowed access to my cats.

My grandkitties get the run of the house, but have not been here since two Christmases ago when they were only a year old. One grandkitty, Ginger, is a scaredy cat and won't come out of hiding in the basement, the other is much more adventurous and has made herself at home upstairs much to the delight of my super friendly male, Jasper, and much to the displeasure of my female, Puddles who would like to be the only kitty. I think Jasper has given up on Puddles as a playmate so he is hoping Pandora will make a much better friend. So far so good on the socialization!

I am wondering what it is going to be like on Monday morning when I have to go to work and have to feed them and they all get fed different food. Momma and kittens get fed twice before I leave.

I am now known as the Crazy Cat Woman in the subdivision!

Frenchy
September 8th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I demand a group picture :laughing:

So now your vacuum is your best friend :eek:

growler~GateKeeper
September 8th, 2007, 11:49 PM

I second that demand :D :D

kashtin's kin
September 9th, 2007, 12:09 AM
That's quite the caboodle of cats...I had 7 indoor cats for a few years, and what with their 4 different types of food, mealtime had to be psyched up for (me) and highly organized. I know some rescue folks who just get into gear around 20 felines :eek: , but most people seem to find the idea of 3-5 cats kind of borderline 'cat lady syndrome'.

Whatever the case, 12 catcritters should definitely keep you on your toes! Trust everything goes well...just take it one [quick!] step at a time, and you'll be fine! :thumbs up

TeriM
September 9th, 2007, 02:29 AM

We're still waiting for that pic :D.

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Did you see the pics/videos from here? Sorry Frenchy I know you can't see vid :sad:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=471388&postcount=57

click on her link for lots & lots of kitten heaven :cloud9:

mummummum
September 9th, 2007, 09:47 AM
TWELVE ??? :thumbs up Just on the basis of keeping their names straight I'm impressed (I can barely manage 3 names ~ Just ask "BrrCeiDec" :laughing:)

hazelrunpack
September 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Ahhhhh...thank you, Love4himies! It's threads like this one that actually make hazel and her 8 dogs look normal! :laughing:

12 cats! Sounds like a little bit of :cloud9:! :D

I can't download the video, so I wanna see stills, too--but I won't be so demanding as to ask for a group shot of everyone. Just 4 - 7 in each shot would be okay. :p

Congratulations on your full house! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Hazel the link I posted above has stills too :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
September 9th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Hazel the link I posted above has stills too :cloud9:

:sad: Tonight I can't open the picasa site at all... :frustrated:

Well, when the phone lines are bad, hazel relies on her imagination! :thumbs up Lessee...playing kitties, sleeping kitties, kitties eating, kitties with mama, kitties looking out the window... :cat: :cloud9:

:D

Love4himies
September 10th, 2007, 06:15 AM

So now your vacuum is your best friend :eek:

A group photo, Hazel, you will have to give me some pointers on how to line so many up without them moving? Maybe superglueing their feet to the floor:shrug:.

By the time I get litter boxes done, vacuuming the house (my house has never been vacuumed so often, but still so dirty, getting them all fed (momma and kittens 5x per day) walking my cats outside, socializing with grand kitties, teaching baby kittens not to climb me, but use the cat stand instead, hands are for petting, not biting (and giving each one kisses as I am doing so), I fall into bed exhausted because it starts all over at 5:30AM.
Wish I could keep them all :lovestruck:.

Jim Hall
September 10th, 2007, 09:22 AM
i volunter ata cattery with 24 plus cats and ill be damned if i can keep thier names striaight i call em all hey you !

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2007, 09:53 AM
:laughing: hazel knows better than to ask for a group shot, L4h--she can't even get all 8 of hers in the same shot except by accident! :o Haven't tried the superglue trick, yet, but it might be worth a try! :laughing:

There are different kinds of exhaustion, eh? There's the icky stressful work/bad relationship nightmare exhaustion; the sometimes satisfying but always hard physical labor exhaustion...and then, in a class by itself, there's the taking care of wonderful funny rambunctious sweet animals and enjoying every minute of it exhaustion. Sort of like :cloud9:...if only you were rested enough to truly enjoy it, eh? :laughing:

Enjoy what you can while you can--a pity they can't all stay, but you'll have the satisfaction of a job well done plus tons of stories! :thumbs up Take lots of pictures to illustrate your upcoming book! :D

Love4himies
September 10th, 2007, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;475972
There are different kinds of exhaustion, eh? There's the icky stressful work/bad relationship nightmare exhaustion; the sometimes satisfying but always hard physical labor exhaustion...and then, in a class by itself, there's the taking care of wonderful funny rambunctious sweet animals and enjoying every minute of it exhaustion. Sort of like :cloud9:...if only you were rested enough to truly enjoy it, eh? :laughing:

[/QUOTE]

Yes I like this kind of exhaustion, it's not an "oh crap the alarm went off and I have to get up already seems like I just went to sleep",

it's an: "oh the alarm went off and I hear the pitter patter of 28 little feet running in the next bedroom, better get up and give them kisses and food :lovestruck:" stress.

ancientgirl
September 10th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Wow, I can't imagine having so many kitty's in my apartment. You are one brave woman, and have a heard of gold.

That link with pictures is wonderful. They're all so beautiful!

krdahmer
September 10th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Most I got up to even with fosters was 9.... and that was crazy enough!
12?!?!?!

Thats just NUTS!!! :laughing:
But those little guys are sooooo adorable!:lovestruck:

Love4himies
September 10th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Don't know what I am going to do when they are gone :cry:, the house will seem too empty and quiet.

Oh well I am sure the next brood will come along soon :stork-baby: too many people don't get their kitties fixed:mad:.

cpietra16
September 10th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I believe that it's cheaper by the dozen...:D