Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We went, We saw, We O.M.G.

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 03:44 PM
so today I went to see the Breader, for a puppy that we are thinking of getting. She did not have any puppies at the monent, but is planning 2 litters. One in late fall and an other in spring. I met these magnificent beasts, and they are beasts, the size alone is unbeliveable. Friendly, loving, kind,clean,furry, and I mean furry.. I was in awe. The hole time I was there
I recived many many many licks, hugs, and a welcome I will never forget.

I want to go back :sad: I miss them already. thank goodness I have bree to keep me company or I would have stayed there as long as she would have me (and she had no problem with me staying)

here are the leonbergers I saw today

this is the puppy female that she is keeping for the life of me can't remember her name, it's a very long name

jiorji
September 8th, 2007, 03:46 PM
awwww look at those muddy paws and that pouty nose.:cloud9: :lovestruck:

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Now this is lily she is going to have the litter in the fall

she is on the small side and a little timid

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
This is honey she is so friendly that I thought I could sneak her in the car, but no such luck
she is supose to have a litter in the spring

she is absolutetly beautiful

mummummum
September 8th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Aren't they gorgeous dogs? There is a dawglet about 1 yr old who we meet up with at the beach sometimes ~ he is a big, funny-as-all-get-out, love-galumph.

So are you thinking fall or spring ? Or is the fall litter spoken for ?

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 03:53 PM
George is my ultimate favorite he is a goofball, he is 8 years old but as lovable as ever.

chico2
September 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Awww,beautiful doggies,all that hair and the size,wow!!

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 03:55 PM
not the fall we would like honey to be the mother and we saw the picture of the father, Honey is much more active than lily....
there a 4 different kinds of leo's which we found out today.. she told us all about the diff types and what would be the best for us..

jiorji
September 8th, 2007, 03:56 PM
hahaha i LOVE George:cloud9:

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM
kisses and hugs galore

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:01 PM
There was 2 missing 2 females that she only brought out at the very end...

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Puppy

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:05 PM
George

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Honey

Frenchy
September 8th, 2007, 04:10 PM
omg look at all those beauties !!! :lovestruck: I love George too ! :cloud9: So big and fluffy :cloud9: I bet you just can't wait now Breeze ! :goodvibes:

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Unforutnatly I had to leave them all there

mummummum
September 8th, 2007, 04:11 PM
*sighs* ~ they alllllll look beautiful. And what lovesucks!

I think a Spring puppy is a much wiser decision (having barely survived fall puppies)

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:12 PM
It was sooo hard to leave. I did not want to..
George is such a goofball, but he is getting old now and a little cranky, but oooooo sooooo lovable

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:14 PM
George is one of the biggest males (she only has one) he is nutered now cause of his age he won so many ribbons

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:16 PM
And Honey what can I say :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I have more but right now it is leo overload :eek:

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2007, 04:21 PM
OMG, George!! :lovestruck: :dog: :lovestruck: I love him!!! :cloud9:

The males are quite a bit bigger than the fems, then? Or is it just George?

Frenchy
September 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I think a Spring puppy is a much wiser decision (having barely survived fall puppies)

But spring is so muddy ! Oh , but Breeze does love trouble :laughing:

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Yes I do like trouble don't I :D whats a little mud :rolleyes:

breeze
September 8th, 2007, 04:26 PM
OMG, George!! :lovestruck: :dog: :lovestruck: I love him!!! :cloud9:

The males are quite a bit bigger than the fems, then? Or is it just George?

the males are bigger.. If I say yes remember the word IF

honey and the other male not george. the males should weigh about 130lbs when fully grown

george comes from the same male as honey would mate with, so we are taking not as big but big

OMG I am in love in love in love

Frenchy
September 8th, 2007, 04:30 PM
OMG I am in love in love in love

It figures , just by looking at the fourth picture :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2007, 04:43 PM
It figures , just by looking at the fourth picture :laughing:

What about the sixth picture! :eek: Frenchin' with a friendly stranger! :laughing:

Frenchy
September 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
What about the sixth picture! :eek: Frenchin' with a friendly stranger! :laughing:

:laughing: too cute !

JanM
September 8th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Holeee - what beautiful animals! I had never heard of a leonberger - gorgeous, gorgeous! I too would have had trouble leaving..

Now I have to go and find out more about these dogs...

~michelle~
September 8th, 2007, 05:19 PM
those are gorgeous doggies!!!!!!!! i wanna cuddle them up!

chloe_close
September 8th, 2007, 05:21 PM
*SIIIIIIIIIGH* that is my idea of heaven.... awesome pics!!!:thumbs up :lovestruck: :cloud9:

otter
September 8th, 2007, 05:38 PM
So cute!!! Can I have one too??:cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
September 8th, 2007, 11:30 PM
:D heehee Breeze have you put a deposit down on a spring pup :lovestruck::cloud9: yet? :rolleyes: :D

breeze
September 9th, 2007, 12:59 AM
nope she does not take a deposit.. only when she knows the doggie is pregnant , and all went well in the birth, then she will call the people on her list and ask them if they are still interseted. she is the one that picks the pups for you to make sure you and the pup are equally matched.. the only thing we tell her is if we want a male or female..

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2007, 01:05 AM
are you on her list? ;)

breeze
September 9th, 2007, 01:09 AM
are you on her list? ;)

maybe :shrug: hahaha only time will tell

breeze
September 9th, 2007, 01:15 AM
we have a lot to think about and we are in no rush.. we know that honey would be the mother cause she is more active, not like george. and we would want a male..
we are invited back and will deff. keep in touch with her.. so right now anything goes

if we could I would take all of them home today with me especially george, and honey

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2007, 01:24 AM
It's good this way, you have a few months to think about it & also see how fast the fall puppies grow, how active they are, possibly see how Bree does with puppies etc etc etc :)

breeze
September 9th, 2007, 01:29 AM
it will be interseting to see how Bree acts around the puppies, as far a growth goes they grow fast, the three month old was have of bree (if I mesured right) and bree is 1 year old :eek:

for now we will keep in touch and consintrate on training bree even more

TeriM
September 9th, 2007, 01:51 AM
OMG, they are gorgeous :cloud9:. I agree that a spring puppy is much easier to deal with. Potty training in the dead of winter would not be my idea of a good time :rolleyes:, plus Bree will have a few extra months to settle down and be a good influence :p.

TMac
September 9th, 2007, 09:45 AM
OMG.....130 lbs of George!!!! Yowza!! :eek: Wouldn't that be fun! :p

wdawson
September 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM
they are great looking dogs.....:thumbs up

Byrd
September 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM
We had a Leo in our obedience class, she is so sweet. They are a really nice breed and would compliment the BMD well. It's nice to be able to plan that far ahead and to know the parents, etc, but the waiting would be horrible!!

Crestedcrazy
September 9th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Gorgeous!!!!
I see lots of brushing in your future ;)

rainbow
September 9th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Beautiful dogs. :lovestruck: My neighbours daughter has one and I just love it when she comes to visit. :cloud9:

poodletalk
September 9th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Your right Frenchy, my parents dog "Clyde" does look like these pups.

Love4himies
September 10th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Ohhh they look so hugable :cloud9: !!!! Will there be room in your bed with Bree and new puppy :laughing: or will you get pushed out?

breeze
September 10th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I am hopeing that I will still have my bed..:D

Bree is only allowed on when Mike leaves for work soooo there should be enough room afterwards or maybe they will take turns :laughing::laughing:

clm
September 10th, 2007, 01:42 PM
A good friend of mine at work here has a Leonberger. Her name is Katie and she's beautiful. I just love Leos. I've seen them at shows and they are spectacular. I think it was St. Bernard, Great Pyrenese and Newfoundland that went into the development of the breed. They are truly majestic. Another breed with a black mask.....my big weakness.

Cindy

breeze
September 10th, 2007, 02:46 PM
A good friend of mine at work here has a Leonberger. Her name is Katie and she's beautiful. I just love Leos. I've seen them at shows and they are spectacular. I think it was St. Bernard, Great Pyrenese and Newfoundland that went into the development of the breed. They are truly majestic. Another breed with a black mask.....my big weakness.

Cindy

you are very right it is the three breeds into one, they are turely great creatures very very loveable..

Smiley14
September 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM
WOW! That is a lot of dog! LOL! They are so beautiful, no wonder you had a hard time leaving! :lovestruck:

CyberKitten
September 10th, 2007, 05:00 PM
They are indeed gorgeous - hope you have a BIG house, lol Your puppy is so cute - I hope you enjoy him!! :thumbs up

breeze
September 10th, 2007, 05:22 PM
They are indeed gorgeous - hope you have a BIG house, lol Your puppy is so cute - I hope you enjoy him!! :thumbs up

cyberkitten I don't have him yet we are still thinking about it and the pups are not born yet :sad: in the spring they will be and that is not a garuntee that she will have a male.. we have to wait and see

crazydays
September 10th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Fabulous, warm,fluffy, awsome-I could go on forever with adjectives!! I love the feeling being at the breeders knowing I am seeing a huge part of my future and loving it!! It is very exciting! You looked very happy! Both my dogs were winter pups. I found it to be great because the snow was clean--just had to keep a towel by the backdoor. Every season for a pup has its challenges! Keep us posted. Excited for you

JanM
September 10th, 2007, 05:55 PM
The Leonburgers are some dog! I googled them and found some sites that give great information about their history, temperament etc. etc.

I think I can thank my lucky stars that I didn't find any breeders on the Island!

When you get your puppy (notice, not "if", but when) :laughing: I'll be envious as all H###...

breeze
September 10th, 2007, 09:16 PM
The Leonburgers are some dog! I googled them and found some sites that give great information about their history, temperament etc. etc.

I think I can thank my lucky stars that I didn't find any breeders on the Island!

When you get your puppy (notice, not "if", but when) :laughing: I'll be envious as all H###...

:laughing::laughing::laughing::D "If" or "when" I get one you can come over for a snuggle any time I promise

JanM
September 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::D "If" or "when" I get one you can come over for a snuggle any time I promise

You're on:D