Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just another new face

silence
September 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Hello everyone

I was not sure if I should start a new thread for this or just add on to others but decided what the heck! Here we are!

My dog and I silence just found this site and through a lot of reading have just switched to Nutra Ultra dog food. Thank you to all of you 'expert' dog lovers out there with so much wonderful advice. I also bought the salmon oil. Hopefully that will help with the shedding. Enough of that though ...another story for another thread...

My Silence will be 4 in October. She is a Catahoula(never sure how to spell that) and a Dobie mix. Although if you read her vet records she is a Catahoula Leopard minx. ... Which I find incredibly funny.:laughing:

As all animal lovers I will tell you she has the personality of a person and is the love of my life. She has suffers from separation anxiety and I am fortunate to have her back. My husband and I separated about 11 months ago and he kept her in Louisiana. Fortunately for me, he was unable to care for her the way she deserved and I was able to have someone bring her to me.

My 8 year old daughter and I cannot express what it means to us to have our baby back. :cloud9:
I can't wait to meet some of you and hopefully we have found a safe and loving environment to meet up with others of our kind. :dog:

breeze
September 7th, 2007, 10:09 PM
welcome to the fourm
can you tell me what a Catahoula Leopard minx looks like never heard of it..

pictures would be nice :D :D

mummummum
September 7th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the board and yes, pictures are a MUST! That's a pretty rare doggy for these parts. And what a wonderful reunion story you have to share. :lovestruck:

Hang around the forums and I promise you'll learn tons more ~ I know I have!!

Frenchy
September 7th, 2007, 11:37 PM
She is a Catahoula

Must see pics !!! We don't have too many of these dogs here , but I've seem them in rescues just on the other side of the border .... they ar great looking dogs !

Welcome to pets.ca !

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the board, silence!

I'll just go along with the general trend here and ask for pictures of Silence, too. :D that way hazel doesn't sound as demanding! :o I can't picture what a Catahoula/Dobie mix would look like! Sounds pretty, though...can't wait to see a picture! :thumbs up

I'm glad you got your fur baby back :highfive: --I can't imagine having to give up one of mine! :cry:

silence
September 12th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Good morning everyone!

Sorry it took me a few days to get back around. I have so many projects at one time going on. I go to school full time and that takes Sooo much time!

I am trying to figure out how to resize in infraview * am studying the very nice forum about it* ;).
I will post pics as soon as I can although I thought you could see my profile pic and avatar pics? Those are both Silence.
She isn't actually a leopard catahoula mix though.
That is just what the vet has on her papers...not sure why but I always just thought it was a typo or someone thought she looked leopardy?

She doesn't look anything leopard to me! :laughing:
Well, I am off to figure out this program, I had almost resized one when it errored out and I am going to try to figure out again.

Thanks for the kind welcomes!
Everyone have a great day!:dog:

growler~GateKeeper
September 12th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Hi welcome to the board :)

Just wanted to let you know the breed name is actually Lousiana Catahoula Leopard Dog, does go by other variations of the name aswell :)
It doesn't mean she's crossed with a leopard cat :D

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/catahoula.htm

Lukka'sma
September 13th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum