Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Part Two of P&B's First Trip! :)

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:42 PM
For only three months old, Belle has had quite the traveling experiences! She's flown in an airplane, ridden in a car, and now sailed on a ferry and rode in a horse carriage! Mackinaw Island is very dog friendly; I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to travel someplace with their dog(s). They should be horse friendly though! I knew Petey was, but had no clue about Belle. They both did GREAT! There were a lot of people with their dogs, but very few could ride on the horse and carriage tour because they'd bark at the horses. I was so proud of them. :)

On the ferry to the island. Everyone was so impressed with how well behaved they were. So was I. LOL!

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Some of the scenery. :)

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Arriving on the Island. Petey was very excited. :) There are no cars allowed on the island, everyone gets around by horse and carriage or by bike.

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Petey and Belle on the horse carriage. :) We also toured a Butterfly Conservatory. Gorgeous! Big dogs weren't allowed inside, but small dogs were if you carried them. I told my Dad he should carry Petey in just for spite, but he wouldn't go for it. I wonder why? ;) My sister is the one carrying Belle around in the carrier by the way. I was too embarrassed to wear it. LOL! We originally had a pink one, but it was too small, so my Aunt loaned us this black one she had for her cats.

Frenchy
September 6th, 2007, 08:50 PM
No cars !!! I wanna move there ! So the dogs can be off leash allll the time :thumbs up Petey looks so well behave ! I hope you're not done with the pics cuz we need some Belle's pics too :lovestruck:

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM
A few random pics around the island. "Oreo" butts, Arch Rock, and Fort Mackinac.

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Another afternoon was spent along Lake Michigan and the sand dunes. A little cool for swimming, but beautiful for walking!

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:56 PM
The dogs loved getting right up the edge and playing in the waves. Belle's first lake experience! :) She wasn't too sure, hehe.

jiorji
September 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM
all so pretty:lovestruck:

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM
A few of Petey enjoying the edge of the surf. :)

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM
And finally, sleeping on the car ride home. :) A great trip!

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 09:02 PM
No cars !!! I wanna move there ! So the dogs can be off leash allll the time :thumbs up Petey looks so well behave ! I hope you're not done with the pics cuz we need some Belle's pics too :lovestruck:

I know, I wanna move there too! LOL! I have tons of pics, but didn't want to bombard the forum with too many! :o

Frenchy
September 6th, 2007, 09:08 PM
:cloud9: Sleeping in the car :cloud9: they're so cute side by side ! I just noticed Belle has the same type of tail than Petey . :p

Frenchy
September 6th, 2007, 09:09 PM
but didn't want to bombard the forum with too many! :o

oh please do !

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I know, I wanna move there too! LOL! I have tons of pics, but didn't want to bombard the forum with too many! :o

Uhhh... sorry are you talking to US :D? Bombard US with great photo's of a dream vacation? Not possible Smiley ~ have at it woman! Bombard us already !!! :thumbs up

Smiley14
September 6th, 2007, 09:18 PM
LOL! :laughing:

Okay, you don't have to twist my arm too hard to post more pics. :o :laughing:

I'll post more tomorrow when I wake up. Right now, I'm off to bed after a very long day of driving. That last sleeping pic was just taken a few hours ago and now I would like to join them. LOL! Thanks guys! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM
We're going to hold you to your promise of more pics! I'll sic the Pack on ya tomorrow if ya don't! :D

I love them playing in the surf--and the ear action on Petey's Baywatch shot! :thumbs up :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2007, 09:27 PM
"Oreo Butts!" :laughing: :laughing: You crack me up, Smiley! :D

Kit'sGirl
September 6th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Aww. It looks like they had a lot of fun. As did you. ^^ Hehe.

I noticed in the picture it looked as if you had a muzzle(?) around Petey. I have a small dachshund Kane, who I adore and would love to take places but he's such a barker, and I was wondering how does Petey like it? (Sorry it's off topic, but I just noticed and figured I'd ask).

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2007, 01:05 AM
I noticed in the picture it looked as if you had a muzzle(?) around Petey.

Kit'sGirl - it's not a muzzle it's a head collar most common ones are Halti, Gentle Leader & Newtrix. I had a Halti for my :rip: Cally - now I use it as a harness for my cat. It is not for barking (though may work as a bonus) it is a gentler way to direct their attention & body to follow (much like a halter on a horse) you rather than tugging on a collar ~ esp if the dog is a puller. :) Most dogs get used to it fairly quickly but for small dogs like your Daschund I would stick with a proper harness & not sure if they make them that small :)

Smiley14 So glad to hear we will be getting bombarded w/more pics :D

Kit'sGirl
September 7th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Kit'sGirl - it's not a muzzle it's a head collar most common ones are Halti, Gentle Leader & Newtrix. I had a Halti for my :rip: Cally - now I use it as a harness for my cat. It is not for barking (though may work as a bonus) it is a gentler way to direct their attention & body to follow (much like a halter on a horse) you rather than tugging on a collar ~ esp if the dog is a puller. :) Most dogs get used to it fairly quickly but for small dogs like your Daschund I would stick with a proper harness & not sure if they make them that small :)

Oh. Thanks. I'm going to have to suggest that to my brother. He has a black lab who could definitely use it. ^^

growler~GateKeeper
September 7th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Kit'sGirl - good idea worked wonders for my boy :)

rainbow
September 7th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Kit'sGirl - good idea worked wonders for my boy :)

I second that. It really helped with both my husky and my lab. :thumbs up

rainbow
September 7th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Steph, it looks like everyone had a great vacation. :cloud9: And, I agree with the others.....we need lots more pics. :thumbs up

Smiley14
September 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM
We're going to hold you to your promise of more pics! I'll sic the Pack on ya tomorrow if ya don't! :D

I love them playing in the surf--and the ear action on Petey's Baywatch shot! :thumbs up :laughing:

Baywatch shot. LOL! Love it! :) I'm a little late, but I'll post more pics in just a moment. :)

Byrd
September 7th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Oreo Butts! HAHAHA :laughing:

want4rain
September 7th, 2007, 10:00 PM
:sad: :cry: im so homesick sometimes!! my grandma owns a cabin about 8 miles from the City of Mackinac. we all but grew up there.

-ashley

Smiley14
September 7th, 2007, 11:26 PM
:sad: :cry: im so homesick sometimes!! my grandma owns a cabin about 8 miles from the City of Mackinac. we all but grew up there.

-ashley

Ohhhh, what a beautiful place to grow up! We spent the rainy afternoon shopping and of course eating, LOL, around Mackinac City. :)

TeriM
September 9th, 2007, 01:40 AM
:laughing:Oreo butts :laughing:, sigh ... I just love those huge draft horses :cloud9:.

Love the pics, they look so cute cuddled together in the car :lovestruck:.

otter
September 9th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Most people around here have vacationed at least once at Mackinac - maybe Molly and I will have to add it to our "places to go" list. I hear it's really expensive so i've kinda avoided it and I AVOID that bridge as much as I can - positively terrifying!!!:eek: Horse carriage rides, ferry boat trips, dog friendly environment... might help me get over my fears. Sounds (and looks) like loads of fun.

Nothing like the post trip snooze to top a great vacation!:sleepy:

Crestedcrazy
September 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Look just lovely there especially the sand dunes, seems so peaceful and tranquil
the pups look wonderful looks like a great time was had by all :)