Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

plz help my CAT has liver and kidney sickness plz

seawinde
September 6th, 2007, 09:06 PM
hi i went to the vet today because my cat wasnt breathing well ,

he opens his mouth while breathing and all his body moves , he didnt pee for the last 5 days except small amounts ,

she made a sonar and said that his kidney and liver are enlarged-dont know any other word-

massively and maybe is kidney is approaching a failure , i hope not :(

she wrote a prescription and told us to add honey to water and give to him alot ,
i want to know if anyone faced such a situation , we are really afraid and i need hope

thnx ppl

sugarcatmom
September 6th, 2007, 09:09 PM
How old is your cat? Is he still eating and drinking?

seawinde
September 6th, 2007, 09:10 PM
he is 1yr 9mon and yes he is still eating and drinking

Jim Hall
September 6th, 2007, 10:29 PM
i have no advice but i will say a prayer for the little guy

seawinde
September 6th, 2007, 10:44 PM
thnx alot

also if u know a case like that that happened plz tell me , and ask ur friends too

thnx ppl

lanwhite
September 6th, 2007, 10:54 PM
A prayer from me too!

seawinde
September 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM
thnx alot ,

i want to know if any cat been cured before , he is peeing now

thats a start of a good sign ,

CyberKitten
September 8th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Did she give you a more precise diagnosis? The one you have is pretty wide and cover so many illnesses that I find it tough to actually reply well and adequately to your question. Is your kitty neutered? How old he is? What other symptoms does he have? Is this a holistic vet? I can't say I have ever heard of a vet suggesting honey for liver disease - that sounds well, unusual unless it is combined with some other prescriptions and special diets.( By a sonar, do you mean a scan?

The only advice I have is to watch him carefully - make sure he urinates often enough (You can monitor his litter boxes - does he have enough boxes? Make sure to keep them clean.) and make certain he eats and drinks enough water or fluids. Cats are not like us - they do not have the reserve to keep up their electrolytes when they have no incoming sources from food and fluids. So make sure he is eating!!

Why do you say kidney failure? Did the vet say that? If so, why did she treat him so conservatively?

seawinde
September 11th, 2007, 04:13 PM
thnx for that reply , i will answer one by one ,

*my kitty isnt neutered and he 1 yr old and 7 month

*other symptoms , he doesnt eat , he is tired and fatigue

*honey with water is instead of glucose and in the meanwhile he is taking
60 CM of glucose daily for 4 days , and honey with water aint for the liver , its for giving him power to survive .

*i dont know what is the difference between sonar and scan , but its the thing used to know the baby gender inside his mother ,

*he urinates sometimes better than before know maybe twice daily ,

*the vet said it might be a beginning of a kidney failure

i will type some of the drugs he take

DDB -tap , urinex cup , coliurinal eff , rowachoal

thnx too much i am waiting for ur reply

seawinde
September 15th, 2007, 07:27 AM
they put a needle into his lungs , it came out with blood and fluid

krdahmer
September 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
:sad: so sorry your kitty is sick, hope he improves...:pray:

seawinde
September 19th, 2007, 09:48 AM
here he is

rjesak
September 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Oh, he's too cute!

My friend's cat had a similar experience but he was very old (18 years) so I don't think the cases are similar enough to draw any comparisons. I wish I had some hope to give out, but I wish you and your baby all the best.

seawinde
October 14th, 2007, 02:41 AM
my cat died yesterday , i am very sorry for him he only spent

1 and 8 month with us , but we loved him so so so much , i dont think

that i will love a pet as i loved him ,

T&Csmom
October 14th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that :sad: He was too young to be taken way:grouphug:

chico2
October 14th, 2007, 08:37 AM
seawind,I am so sorry you lost your kitty,sometimes they are just not strong enough to fight these problems,no matter how hard we try with meds etc..
He was an adorable little guy,if we love them for 1yr or 15yrs,the loss is equally heartbreaking.
You can take a little comfort in knowing,he is not suffering anymore and at peace.:rip:little kitty

Winston
October 14th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Seawinde! I am so sorry for your loss! You can be sure he is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge!

RIP little one!

Cindy

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

krdahmer
October 14th, 2007, 01:11 PM
:cry::grouphug: