Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog drinking fom water cooler

allymack
September 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM
everytime someone gets a glass of water from the water cooler enzo will go and lick of the dripping water...and i have no idea how to stop it, because i cant put and bad flavours on the tap to discourage it ( because people drink out of it) and i have no other ideas....any thoughts or help woule be great oh and he does have clean water available to him at all times.

sugarcatmom
September 6th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Maybe he wants his own water fountain? http://www.vetventures.com/platinum.asp

Dracko
September 6th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Dracko tried that when he was younger. I simply told him no, moved his water close to the cooler and showed him his water. Now when someone gets a drink from teh water cooler, he goes immediately to his dish.

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Monkey see ~ Monkey do Allymack! I've said it before but, it bears repeating ~ you've got one clever puppy there :o

In addition to the other great advice you've received, I would only note that some dogs are very fussy about their water and their water dishes. My Declan most definitely likes his water cold and the water bowl must always be clean-clean-clean. :rolleyes:

allymack
September 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
haha the fountain is a cute idea, but i am not sure about that. i tihnk i will try moving his dish closer to the fountain and see how that works. and yahh he definately is a clever pup maybe i can get water when he isnt looking, lol i wonder how well that will work and i will try and keep the dish as clean as possible