Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

NWT SPCA Dog Jog

Tazette
September 6th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Hi, I'm very excited with the fundraiser I've picked this year to raise money for and have to tell all of you about it.

Last year I raised $2400.00 for the Terry Fox Run and was quite happy with how well I did considering my goal was to raise $500.00 at first. This year I decided to raise money for the NWT SPCA with getting pledges for the annual Dog Jog. Even though I've only had the SPCA forms for a shorter length of time than I did the Terry Fox Run forms, I've done quite well raising money to date. I just hit the $1200.00 mark today, the walk is on Sunday and I'm hoping to be at the $1500.00 mark by then. Wish me luck! :fingerscr

I figure....I love animals, adpoted Sprocket from the Hay River SPCA in October/06, find not enough people fund raise when it comes to animals, so what they hey. I have a talent with raising a bit more than normal when it comes to stuff like this, so why not!

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Fantastic Tazette! I hope you will be able to enlist a family member or friend to take lots of pix ~what a great cause for you to get behind! Do you get to jog with a dog or are you running solo? Good LUCK !!

rainbow
September 7th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Tazette, that is awesome. :highfive: Sending lots of good luck your way. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Tazette
September 7th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Thanks!! :D I'm taking Sprocket with me, he'll be really excited to see the other dogs...plus it's his 1st Birthday. I may torture him by putting a birthday hat on him. I'm also bringing my 9 year old neice with me, I'll get her to take some pics and post them later.

mummummum
September 7th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Awwww ~ what a great way to spend his first birthday!! Looking forward to all the pics! And we promise not to laugh if there are funny hats involved :D

Tazette
September 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Well I did the NWT SPCA Dog Jog on Sunday and absolutely loved it!!! I brought my neice with me and she was on cloud 9 running around with a digital camera she got for her birthday taking pictures of all the cute fur babies.

I'm definitley doing this next year and will do it for years to come. I've done the odd few fund raising for different groups, but I'm sticking with the SPCA from now on. I managed to raise a total of $1541.00, if I had the pledge sheets for another week I would have made it over $2500.00 easily.

Unfortunately this year the total raised was just over $4000.00 due to the Oilers Rookie camp being held her among things. Next year I will make sure to download the pledge forms well in advance in hopes of raising over $2000.00.