Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cat tortures my hubby!

Puss'FavPerson
September 6th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Every night between 3-4am, the cat wants to have a little snack ... But, she wants company while she eats!

Puss always pesters my hubby relentlessly until he wakes up, goes with her to the kitchen, stands beside her while she nibbles and he has to pet her with his foot. Then she'll go back to sleep!

He believes she's afraid of the dark (LOL) ... I believe she has him well-trained!:D

Love4himies
September 6th, 2007, 08:55 AM
You are so right, she has him well trained.:laughing: :laughing:

My husband is well trained too, one of my cats loves to be held and walked around the house at three in the morning and who does she go to...?:D As long as he gets out of bed quietly I don't mind lol.

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Better him than YOU is what I say !

What a nice :lovestruck: Daddy though...

ancientgirl
September 6th, 2007, 09:34 AM
That's so sweet that your hubby does that.:D

Frenchy
September 6th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Every night between 3-4am,

Lucky cat !!! I wouldn't get up :sleepy:

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I don't get up, either. :D I get to obey their every beck and call during the day--night-time is hubby's shift! :thumbs up And oh the dogs do take advantage of him! :laughing:

So I guess men were just meant to be third-shifters, eh? :D Suits me fine! :laughing:

chico2
September 6th, 2007, 04:20 PM
That's soo sweet..awwwww:laughing:
My husband does all kinds of things for the cats,luckily they sleep all night!
But he takes them outside with him every morning,gives them treats etc..he also feeds the birds,the squirrels and whatever else is around,sometimes even me:laughing:

Puss'FavPerson
September 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM
that someone's watching you sleep?

Every member of our family has woken with a start to find Puss staring into your face from about a cm away!

It wouldn't be so bad, except you always get the feeling she probably just licked your nose ... and you can be pretty sure where she licked right before that!:confused:

rainbow
September 7th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Better him than YOU is what I say !

What a nice :lovestruck: Daddy though...

Exactly. :laughing: I won't get up with my two but I do leave them kibble out at night to snack on. :o

Bluedrake
September 7th, 2007, 06:01 AM
My cat never climbs on me. If I try to put her on my lap, she makes a run for it.

She does wake me around 4 am for food though. She has a different tactic, she sings! She keeps meowing until I give in. That is if she doesn't wake me because she always goes to the litterbox at three am, and the smell would wake the dead!

I should change her feeding time... She goes like clockwork at 3 pm and 3 am. :laughing:

Puss'FavPerson
September 7th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I read something on training your cat, that suggested to break her of her nightime wakefulness, we should engage the cat in vigorous playtime right before we retire for the evening. The theory being, you tire her out and she sleeps thru the night.

Ummm, the only thing that changed was that I am now "trained" to this session with Puss every evening at 10pm. She will "yell" at me until I cooperate ... AND, she still has plenty of energy for hubby-abuse at 3 am!

I don't think cats take too kindly to schedule changes!!!

Jim Hall
September 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ohh so you really didnt think that you werent being trained eh?

At least she isnt like the cat i had that would lick your face at 5am