Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello

Puss'FavPerson
September 5th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I'm a cat lover. In all my 42 years on earth, I believe the longest I've been without a cat in my household is 1 month.

Presently, my husband and I argue over whom our cat "Puss" loves more ... Since I do the litter and the food, I believe that would HAVE to be me! Although, she is well aware that he's the guy to go to if you need someone to pet you while you eat at 3 am.

My oldest son chose Puss from all the other cats at the pound when he was only 3, and she has always had a special bond with him. Anytime he cried, she'd stand up against him and meow in his face until he forgot what he was crying about.

My other son was only about 18months when Puss came to our house ... she has warmed up to him much more in the years since he quit grabbing her by the tail. According to the pound staff and vet, she's estimated to be around his age ... so, we think she's between 9-10 now.

We all love our Puss desperately and are now going through some tough times medically with her and so I've joined with the ulterior motive of asking for help/advice/support. I will post her condition in the health forum.

Jim Hall
September 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
well many welcomes to you and your family

You will find all kinds of great advice and support here

You will also be asked for pictures lol so get em ready

mummummum
September 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Us ask for pix on a first post ? Nahhh... we're not THAT abrupt Jim.:cool:

Welcome to pets. ca ~ we're glad you found us !

Okay ~ enough with the niceties ~ give us the Puss pix !!!! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 5th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the board, Puss's Favorite Person! (What does hubby think of your signon? :laughing:)

And, yes, we definitely will need to see some pics. :thumbs up

Puss'FavPerson
September 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Here is a pic of our very spoiled cat. She isn't all that happy to pose for the camera.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5871/pussnl1.jpg

hazelrunpack
September 5th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Yes, she has a lovely glare, Puss'FavPerson! :laughing:

Seriously, though, she does have lovely eyes. :lovestruck: Is she all black? I think you mentioned her color(s) in your other thread but my feeble memory is drawing a blank. :o

Thanks for sharing! And apologize to Puss for us for putting you up to taking her picture. :D She's beautiful, though--don't know why she'd be camera shy! :cloud9:

Puss'FavPerson
September 5th, 2007, 05:40 PM
She is all black with a white spot under her chin.

I had to make her a jacket to keep her from gnawing at her injection site, so I happen to know she's a pear-esque 11-14-16 (chest, under "armpits", waist).

She is actually a VERY social cat, I don't believe she is aware that she's a feline. She hates to be left alone, demands attention almost constantly, loves to be brushed ands talks to us. She leads us around until we figure out what she wants when talking doesn't get thru our thick human skulls.

Puss travels with us camping and has been to the Grand Canyon, the Florida Panhandle, Disney World (campsite, not the rides), Eastern Canada and many other spots. She prefers to be outside with us, not alone and on vacation she goes in harness & on leash.

We think she's one-in-a-million!:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 5th, 2007, 09:49 PM
She travels way more than I do! :D She's a very lucky girl to be with you and your family. Just from the way you write about her, I can tell she's extremely well-loved and a very valued member of the family! :thumbs up

Love4himies
September 6th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Sounds like Puss is treated just the way all cats think they should be treated, lucky Puss.

My husband does the litterboxes and I do the feeding, keeps us both in our cats good books :D .