Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kane and the Kittens

Kit'sGirl
September 4th, 2007, 09:20 PM
:D Kane is of course our lazy male dachshund. He doesn't care where he sleeps or on what. ^^ One of these days I'll catch him sleeping on the laundry and snap a picture.

These are Vega's second, and hopefully last, batch of kittens. This was at 2 days I believe. One of the darker ones is Kit, I'm going to take a picture of just him one day soon. Aren't they cute? <3

mummummum
September 4th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Kane looks verrrry comfy and just about to fall to sleepies. That's quite the kitten-ball you have thre ~ I thought only snakes did that ! :laughing:

rainbow
September 5th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Kane is adorable. :lovestruck: And, just how many kittens are in that little ball? :D So is Vega spayed now? :fingerscr

Kit'sGirl
September 6th, 2007, 08:42 PM
There are six little kittens and Vega is not yet spayed. We are waiting a bit longer for the kittens to be older (so it won't be so tramatic for them) as well as finding a decent vet to spay her. The good thing is Vega seems to be a housecat, cat litter trained and prefers the inside mainly, so keeping her locked up seems to cause her no distress. <3

Here is a couple more pictures of the kittens I took the other day. The first one is of mom feeding her babys. ^^ The one nearest to the camera, with the little stripes down it's back is Kit. <3 He's got one eye open already and the others are starting to open their eyes. ^^ It's so much fun to watch them grow.

The second is of the whole batch cuddled together. As often one of them is almost completely hidden by the others. ^^ hehe.

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Vega being an indoor cat will certainly make life a little easier! The kittens are so sweet :lovestruck:

rainbow
September 7th, 2007, 01:24 AM
The good thing is Vega seems to be a housecat, cat litter trained and prefers the inside mainly, so keeping her locked up seems to cause her no distress.

Prefers the inside "mainly"? ......be careful. :eek:

The kittens are so adorable.....please post pics of them growing up. :lovestruck:

Kit'sGirl
September 7th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Prefers the inside "mainly"? ......be careful. :eek:

The kittens are so adorable.....please post pics of them growing up. :lovestruck:

Yes. I am being careful. Don't want another batch of kittens even if they are cute. ^^

And I intend to. I can't stop wanting to take picture of them when I'm not watching or petting them. They are so adorable. ^^

Love4himies
September 7th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Oh those kitties are sooo cute, wait until you have 6 speeding furry balls running around the room, you have to watch everywhere you step :laughing: .

Kit'sGirl
September 8th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Oh those kitties are sooo cute, wait until you have 6 speeding furry balls running around the room, you have to watch everywhere you step :laughing: .

I know I'm already working on kitten proofing it. ^^ Though I admit I'm having a hard time blocking off under my bed. Especially since Mom keeps wanting to move the babys under it.

I'm going to upload more pictures of them in the next day or two, also a couple of the two semi-feral ones from her first birth that live on the side of our house. ^^ I finally snapped some of those camera shy kittens.

Kit'sGirl
September 10th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Bwe a couple more pictures ^^ <3 Taken about two days ago.

The first one is of a pair of hands holding my Kit. I didn't get permission to post the person online, so I cropped it just to show Kit. <3

The second is of Kane sitting in a laundry basket trying to decide whether or not to sleep.

The third is of the two (feralish) kittens from Vega's first batch. This is of them playing on the porch. I had a lot of fun trying to get a picture of them without them staring me down like I was crazy. ^^

Kit'sGirl
September 28th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Their four weeks old now and soo cute! Have a lookie!

The first one is of Vega eaten her dry food. Mittens and Denali look on jealously until they climb into the bowl and try to munch on it themselves! (Of course this was right before I moved the bowl higher so they wouldn't eat it until they were ready too)

The second is of Oakley. He just learned to climb up my bed on his own and was discovering the window for the first time. It was a fun experience for him and a bit scarey for me. I was so afraid he would fall! And he did, but he was okay! ^^

The last is of the whole gang sleeping (minus Oakley who was exploring my bed): The left grey is Denali, the one under him is my Kit cat, the far right curled up one is JD (named after my favorite charrie on Scrubs), The sprawled out one is Mittens, and the black one is Spuffy (my neice is so creative with her names!)

I'm very hapy because most are staying with us. My brother and his roomate are taking Oakley and Denali to their garage apartment on our property. Spuffy is my neices and will sleep in my room with Kit. I'm working on gettng mom to let me have JD too, and Mittens is going to a family friend (Hopefully if nothing changes).

*done rambling about her beloved kitties*

rainbow
September 28th, 2007, 01:36 AM
They are all so cute. :lovestruck: But, what is that colourful stuff you're feeding them? :confused:

Kit'sGirl
October 2nd, 2007, 06:00 AM
That was some of mommy's dry food (I've had a bowl of dry out for her to munch on in between wet food meals). I just had to snap a shot of them trying to be like mommy before I removed it. It was too cute! ^^

CyberKitten
October 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
OhMiGosh, how adorable!!!!

CyberKitten
October 2nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
OhMiGosh, how adorable!!!!