Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Brier is a Big Boy of One today!

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Brier is celebrating his First Birthday today.

happy birthday, you big galumphin' boy!

28599 28600

breeze
September 4th, 2007, 01:28 PM
1 all ready o boy time sure flys by don't it..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY
hugd and kisses for your special day

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 01:28 PM
A pre-breakfast nap with Lady (in Waiting) Ridge, before the crack of dawn...

...and a hearty birthday breakfast:

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Of course, no celebration would be complete without a little chewing...

...and, of course, a little playing. He and Grace have been facing off all morning! :rolleyes:

Too hot for hazel--she's been running for the air conditioning every chance she gets. :D

Happy Birthday, Brier!

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 01:34 PM
1 all ready o boy time sure flys by don't it..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY
hugd and kisses for your special day

Time flies by even faster cuz we've only had him since the end of June...hard to believe! He fit in so quickly, he seems like he's always been here! Grace, too. Go figure... :shrug: :cloud9:

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Awwww....I love how Lady Ridge has her arm over him. :cloud9:

Happy First Birthday Brier ....you big handsome boy. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Awwww....I love how Lady Ridge has her arm over him. :cloud9:

Actually, if you look closely, you'll see it's her hind leg! :laughing: She likes to plop down on others...no 'letting sleeping dogs lie' for LadyRidge! :dog: If they're big like Brier, she slides off to one side. If they're small like Macie and especially Grace, they end up smushed underneath. :rolleyes: Of course, if she's got the nest alone and someone tries that with her, she growls at 'em! :p She doesn't believe in 'turnabout's fair play', either. :laughing:

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 01:53 PM
:laughing: When I looked at the pic, I knew it was her leg.....I don't know why I posted "arm". :D :o Nonetheless, it's still a cute pic. :lovestruck:

jiorji
September 4th, 2007, 02:06 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

chico2
September 4th, 2007, 04:03 PM
OMG,with 8 beautiful doggies you must have on B-Day party a month:laughing:
Brier must thank his lucky star for ending up in doggie-heaven:cloud9: http://bestsmileys.com/animals/13.gif Happy B-Day Brier!

mummummum
September 4th, 2007, 05:39 PM
(pssst Brier...it's not too late to hit Mum and Da up for a Doggy-Cake)

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/8.gif

wdawson
September 4th, 2007, 06:02 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/14.gif

happy birthday big boy.

Tommysmom
September 4th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Happy Birthday you handsome boy! What gorgeous doggies you have, Hazel... he's an absolutely lovely birthday boy:lovestruck: .

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks, everybody. Brier is fast asleep after a hard day playing. I don't think he knew what all the fuss was about, but he had fun anyway. :dog: He and Grace played tug with a Kong flying Disk--so funny--they'd grab the Disk face to face, him backing up, her lying in the grass with her legs way back, and he'd pull her across the lawn :laughing: What a hoot! :p

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 07:26 PM
OMG,with 8 beautiful doggies you must have on B-Day party a month:laughing:

Hmmmm...lesseeee.... We have one each in May, June, September, and October, and two each in August and November. :thumbs up We seem to be clustered in fall, with Macie and Ridge being the odd spring chickens. :D

luckypenny
September 4th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Happy First Birthday Brier! It's so nice to hear you had such a wonderful day. Hazelrunpack, :pray: please give him the biggest smooches and squeezies from me :cloud9: .

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Happy First Birthday Brier! It's so nice to hear you had such a wonderful day. Hazelrunpack, :pray: please give him the biggest smooches and squeezies from me :cloud9: .

I'll do that, LP. He loves smooches and squeezies... :dog: I'm sure he'd love MMM's Doggy Cake, too...but I think that's well beyond hazel's capabilities! :laughing: Unless they come store-bought, anyway! :o

mummummum
September 4th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I'm sure he knows it's his B-Day ~ you do let him read our posts don't you ???

Frenchy
September 4th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Happy birthday Brier !!! You big boy you ! :cloud9:

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/17.gif

I hope there wasn't a party because I got no invitation in the mail :rolleyes:

Kisses from Bailey , Sam and Nelly :dog: :dog: :dog:

And let's not forget Monsieur le chat and Paddington :cat: :cat:

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I'm sure he knows it's his B-Day ~ you do let him read our posts don't you ???

Oh, of course! He sounded out the word 'birthday' all by himself, too (he was taught using the phonics method! :laughing:)

It's just that he doesn't understand what the word means... I finally told him it means that for today he's extra special! :thumbs up

mummummum
September 4th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Ahhhh...perhaps he is European and celebrates his name day instead. Now that would make some sense ~ on those days when you find yourself yelling (or cursing :D )his name constantly, he thinks ithat day is his extra-special day. :thumbs up :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM
That could very well be! :D But he is an :angel: so we never have to yell at him. :rolleyes: Sort of. :o

:laughing:

Actually, he is a very good boy, but (being a puppy) he does have his moments. :D

breeze
September 4th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Time flies by even faster cuz we've only had him since the end of June...hard to believe! He fit in so quickly, he seems like he's always been here! Grace, too. Go figure... :shrug: :cloud9:

They know a good thing when they see it :thumbs up :thumbs up
warm bed great toys lots of food and lots and lots of love :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 09:45 PM
I hope there wasn't a party because I got no invitation in the mail :rolleyes:

Kisses from Bailey , Sam and Nelly :dog: :dog: :dog:

And let's not forget Monsieur le chat and Paddington :cat: :cat:

It was a small, family party--but if we'd known that Bailey, Sam, Nelly, and Monseiur le chat and Paddington were giving away kissies, we would have sent a van for you! :D

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 09:46 PM
They know a good thing when they see it :thumbs up :thumbs up
warm bed great toys lots of food and lots and lots of love :thumbs up

and two Humans easily wrapped around their clever little paws! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
September 4th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Happy Birthday Brier!
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/1.gif :D

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Brier wants to lick the cake off that smiley! :laughing:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, growler. :dog:

rainbow
September 5th, 2007, 01:41 AM
He and Grace played tug with a Kong flying Disk--so funny--they'd grab the Disk face to face, him backing up, her lying in the grass with her legs way back, and he'd pull her across the lawn :laughing: What a hoot! :p

I hope we're getting a video. :fingerscr

palaboy
September 5th, 2007, 01:45 AM
happy birthday....
cute dog! more pics pls.

hazelrunpack
September 5th, 2007, 12:56 PM
rainbow--I can't even remember if I had the video camera out then, or not! But I'll check the footage I took yesterday and see what's there. So maybe there will be video :thumbs up ...but maybe not! :p

:shrug:

:laughing:

Thanks, palaboy! (And welcome, btw! :D) If you really want to see more pics, there's a Search option on the blue task bar above the first post of this thread. Click on the arrow and type in Hazel Run in the box, then click Go.

he he :o There are more pics out there than hazel remembers posting. :o She's a very proud mommy, I guess :laughing:

TeriM
September 5th, 2007, 03:06 PM
BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES for handsome Brier :lovestruck: . Hope he enjoyed his special day :) .

hazelrunpack
September 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Teri. I think he did enjoy it--he's been remarkably laid-back today...sleeping a lot. It's either the heat, or he's still basking in the glow of yesterday's "specialness"... :dog: :D