Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A couple more pics of my new neighbors Husky..

chico2
September 4th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Sorry many of them are blurry,she is not a dog to sit still for long...her name is Fate,hubby is giving her some treats:dog:

chico2
September 4th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Does she not look a little skinny??She is almost 1 yr old...she's a real sweetheart:lovestruck:

breeze
September 4th, 2007, 01:26 PM
she is very beautiful :lovestruck: and I don't think she is skinny not at all, some huskeys are ment to be thin, you really don't want them to be over weight cause of the hip thing (don't know how to spell the word for it)

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Fate is gorgeous. :cloud9: She is not skinny to me either. I wish your neighbour would build a fence for her though. :o

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM
She's very stunning, chico. Doesn't look too thin--when she gets her adult coat, she'll look chunkier. Actually right now in those pics her weight looks pretty ideal. :thumbs up I love her ice blue eyes! :cloud9:

Is her owner the handsome young single guy? :D

breeze
September 4th, 2007, 02:14 PM
some people think huskey, they think it should be the size of a malimute, they are much chunkier that a huskey...

Nakita was a huskey but her father was a malimute, I my self thought that she would be much bigger than what she was until I found out that huskeys are small and lean..

chico2
September 4th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Thank's,that put my mind at ease,she looks all legs,almost like a wolf,but it could be because of her age.
I thought Huskys were"huskier",but then what do I know:laughing:
I too wish he had built a fence,but she is allowed off leash in the large backyard,when they are outside.
She has great recall and is very obedient(except when we come over with treats:laughing: )she is a truly beautiful pup.

poodletalk
September 4th, 2007, 04:21 PM
She's a real beauty, my old lady huskymix "Chaos" looked like Fate.
Fate's collar looks so tight...do they really need a choker collar on her?

mummummum
September 4th, 2007, 05:32 PM
She's very elegant looking isn't she ?

luckypenny
September 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Fate is one pretty girl :lovestruck:. I think it's grand of you and your husband for visiting with her :thumbs up .

Byrd
September 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM
She doesn't look too skinny to me. Mine was 23 1/4 inches at the shoulder, male, and only weighed 45 lbs for most of his life, he topped the scales at 60 when he was around 8 years old and we had to trim him back to 50. He was just a naturally thin dog, most huskies seem to be.

She's very cute! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 4th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Fate's collar looks so tight...do they really need a choker collar on her?

If it is a choke collar , he should be able to take it off , maybe she needs a new , bigger one. And she needs a fence :sad: But at least she has great neighbors ! :thumbs up

Fate is a beauty , I loooover her eyes :cloud9:

breeze
September 4th, 2007, 09:09 PM
The collar doesn't look tight, all collars cut the fur and the fur makes the collar look tight.... If it's to big then it can fall off of her when she put her head down.

rainbow
September 5th, 2007, 02:29 AM
I think the collar's fine too and huskies are notorious for slipping their collars.

chico2
September 5th, 2007, 06:36 AM
PT,I really don't think it's a chokecollar,I would have noticed that,I hate those things.:yell:
It's a chain-collar,but not choke and it does not seem too tight.
The reason for no fence,is that he's totally renovated the house and landscaping,spent about $100.000+and is hoping to sell for a huge profit.
Fate is really social with other dogs and people,there are always people there looking out for her.
The one problem I have,is that nobody walks her and no,we are not walking her:laughing: Bailey is all we can handle:dog:
She is elegant looking,when she sits and watches us,she's all legs and her ears are sticking straight up.:lovestruck:

clm
September 5th, 2007, 08:42 AM
The one problem I have,is that nobody walks her and no,we are not walking her:laughing: Bailey is all we can handle:dog::

I don't understand how someone can get a dog and not take them for walks. It's so much better for them and their owners to get out and do that walk. Especially a high energy dog like a Husky.

Huskies are usually a little on the thin side, malamutes are their big hefty cousins a lot of people get the 2 confused.

Cindy