Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Preventative the same as Dissolution?

heather17021977
September 4th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Stewie had a UTI a month or so ago and was on pills and Medi-Cal Dissolution dry food. Everything cleared up. Once that bag of food was done, I put him back on the felidae dry and wet foods, but over the last week he has peed 3 times outside of his box and there are small pees in the litterbox. Obviously, this has started to reoccur. Hubby went out today and bought a bag of Medi-Cal Preventative (not the dissolution formula). Will this help clear him up as well?

So I guess my question is will the preventative dry food act the same as the dissolution dry food? I assume it would as it treats the same thing...

Any thoughts?

Love4himies
September 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I only feed my female cat, who has had UTI's wet food, not dry as she is not a big water drinker. When she has an infection and for a couple of weeks after medication I add some water to her food as well as give her some water in her mouth through a syringe. This helps to keep her kidneys flushed and incourages urinating.

heather17021977
September 4th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Yes he eats wet twice a day and only grazes on the dry...

I just wondered if we should have bought hte dissolution as opposed to the preventative...

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Yes, you should have bought the Dissolution. If you take back the bag of Preventative your vet will exchange it even if it has been opened. :pawprint: