Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Desperately looking dor a dog walker

Rottielover
September 3rd, 2007, 08:51 PM
Hey guys, as all of you know harleys is not in the greatest of shapes, so his immune system is jeopardized.
I am in desperate need of a dog walker for sept 15th..
He can not be boarded. I have looked everywhere, and they all do not seem to do west island, or rottweilers.
I am leaving in early morning, he needs his food at lunch, and also medication at dinner time.
Does anyone have any suggestions.
Normally he would come with me, but there are too many dogs there, where I am going, and I do not want him sicker.
If anyone has any ideas, let me know please.

mummummum
September 3rd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Have you spoken to the Vet Techs at your Vet's office? Perhaps one of them has a day off or isn't scheduled to come in until later and would be glad of some extra cash.

Rottielover
September 3rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
I never thought of that...I will talk to 2 of them Harley knows well to see if it would be a possibility.
Thank you, what a great idea. They also know how to give meds. LOL
I just got off the phone with a lady I saw online, and NO WAY. she does not own a dog, never has, only delt with small dogs, and has never given meds

mummummum
September 3rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
I think you're right to go with someone you know and feel you can trust, someone who at the very least knows Harley.

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
What about asking your neighbor ? The one who took Harley for a walk when you went to Toronto .

Rottielover
September 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
She moved, no longer anywhere near me, or I would have. LOL
Here's hoping a vet tech wants some extra cash.

SnowDancer
September 4th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Agree, the vet tech - or if necessary, I would leave pup at the vet's. If you will be leaving on the 15th before vet opens I guess you would have to drop off night before - but better safe than sorry. I guess pick-up could be a problem though depending on time your vet closes on Sat. am very happy my vet opens on Sunday.

Rottielover
September 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Well I found someonw who lives across the street from me, he owns a 11yr old rottweiler lab mix, so he used to give meds, and dealing with large dogs. Plus Harley knows him and his dog well. Thank god for small miracles.

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM
What a great birthday present for you :D and, WOO HOO for Harley getting someone he knows to help. :highfive: You have a great neighbour. :angel: