Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pedigree food "challenge"

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2007, 08:47 AM
I know they did it last year. It's back for September. Everytime you buy a bag of Pedigree dog food , Pedigree will donate to animals shelters. Since almost none of us here feed this food to our dogs , you could buy a bag to support this and as a bonus , donate it to a shelter. :thumbs up That's what I'm going to do.

mummummum
September 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry Frenchy ~ this old girl's memory is failing, can you remind me/us of the details. Exactly what does Pedigree donate to animal shelters? Do they donate to shelters in Canada or USA only? Do they donate to SPCA/ Humane Society shelters or to municipal shelters or both?

NoahGrey
September 3rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Do they donate to SPCA/ Humane Society shelters or to municipal shelters or both?

Good point! Also, if they do SPCA in Ontario. All of their donations would end up going to Head Office, which is also called Ontario SPCA. If you are a affliate through the Ontario SPCA...you will not get a CENT.

The Ontario SPCA only gives out money to the Branches not affliates. If you want to support your local SPCA, send a dontation to them directly, that way you know they are getting it. LOTS of people if they donate to the Ontario SPCA, their local SPCA will get it. Not true.

As for Municipal, I hope Pediagee is not giving to money to them. The government supports them and gives them a yearly salary towards their shelter. They all have like $10 000 computers and equipment, while the animal enclosers could be VERY updated. Plus, they send animals to research. A HUGE NO NO to me.

ACO22

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Exactly what does Pedigree donate to animal shelters? Do they donate to shelters in Canada or USA only? Do they donate to SPCA/ Humane Society shelters or to municipal shelters or both?

The add was french canadian so I guess it's all over Canada. They donate a portion of the money they make selling the food. They didn't say spca nor humane society , they said shelters. Franctly , I don't care , as I will donate the food to an animal shelter near my place . This shelter releases dogs to many rescues. I got many goldens from them.

clm
September 3rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
Regardless who gets it, at least it's going to help animals. Even at the municipal level, they're understaffed and overworked in most cases. Everybody has their favorite rescue or shelter, if you don't want to take chances, take this opportunity to buy the food and donate it to your favorite.

Cindy

t.pettet
September 3rd, 2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the reminder Frenchy.

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
You're welcome tpettet. I went to their website to get details for you guys but I couldn't find anything. :shrug:

coppperbelle
September 4th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I heard it on the radio today. They will be donating to select shelters in Canada. Cat foods are also included. I believe they said Whiskas is one of them.

Frenchy
September 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I saw the english commercial last night , they say humane society , for those who were interested. :shrug:

And like I said , it makes no difference to me. :)